Prof. Yılmaz Çakaloğlu is an expert in gastroenterology and hepatology with over 30 years of experience. Prof. Çakaloğluthe heads the Liver Transplant Center and Gastroenterology & Hepatology Department at Memorial. The doctor heads the Turkish Liver Foundation.
Yilmaz Cakaloglu’s Specialty
Professor Yılmaz Çakaloğlu specializes in digestive and liver diseases treatment, liver transplant.
- Since 2007 — Head of the Gastroenterology and Hepatology Department at Memorial Şişli Hospital (Turkey)
- 1992-2008 — Lecturer of the Gastroenterohepatology Science Department at the Istanbul University (Turkey)
- 1991-1992 — Clinical Research Fellow in the Institute of Liver Studies at King's College London GKT School of Medical Education (UK)
- 1989 — Associate Professor of Internal Diseases at the Internal Medicine Clinic in Naval Hospital (Turkey)
- 1987-1988 — Internal Medicine Specialist (Turkey)
- 1986 — Assistant in the Gastroenterohepatology Department of Internal Medicine Department of Istanbul Faculty of Medicine (Turkey).
1975-1981 — The Faculty of Medicine Bursa Uludağ University — Degree in general medicine.
Prof. Çakaloğlu provides study of liver diseases and new treatments. He is an author of over 250 research papers.
Membership in organizations
- The Turkish Society Of Gastroenterology
- The Turkish Association for the Study of Liver
- The Turkish Liver Foundation
- The European Association for the Study of the Liver
- The American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
- The American Gastroenterological Association.