Neurosurgeon, Stereotactic and functional neurosurgeon
27 years of experience
Doctor speaks English, Hebrew
You submit a request and the Bookimed coordinator contacts you to discuss all details.
Medical records collection
You collect all medical records and test results and send to the Bookimed coordinator.
Bookimed arranges free translation of your records if required and sends them to the doctor you’ve chosen.
Evaluation of your history
The doctor studies your records, defines treatment tactics and appoints the consultation time.
Online consultation with a doctor
The doctor explains the treatment program and answers all your questions. The consultation takes 30-60 minutes (with or without interpreter).
Conclusion & treatment plan
Afterward, you receive a plan of treatment developed according to internation guidelines and detailed recommendations.
Prof. Zvi Israel is a famous neurosurgeon, one of the best doctors in Israel according to Forbes. Expert in functional neurosurgery. Provides clinics trials. Was trained in the USA.
Professor Israel is an expert in the treatment of chronic depression and tinnitus by implantation of electrodes in the brain, surgical treatment of epilepsy and motor dysfunction as Parkinson's disease, tremor, and dystonia. Successfully applies deep brain stimulation (DBS) and stereotactic radiosurgery techniques.
- Director of the Functional and Restorative Surgery Unit at the Neurosurgery Department at Hadassah Medical Сenter.
- 1983 — King's College London (UK) — Degree in neurobiology
- 1986 — The Westminster Hospital Medical School (UK) — Degree in general medicine
- 1995 — Hadassah University — Specialty in neurosurgery
- 2001 — Oregon Health & Science University — Fellowship in stereotactic and functional neurosurgery.
- 2018 — among best Israeili doctors by Forbes Magazine
- 2019 — among best Israeili doctors by Forbes Magazine.
- Author of over 70 articles in neurosurgery.
- Provides clinical trials in patients with newly diagnosed glioblastoma, ones who have severe brain injuries, cervical spine issues.
- The Israeli Neurosurgical Society
- The Israeli Society for Palliative Medicine.