Hair Transplant in Turkey: In-Depth Guide for Patients
Medically reviewed by
- Low prices and hot deals.
- Newest techniques.
- Advanced services.
How Much Does a Hair Transplant Cost in Turkey?
As we mentioned above, the Turkish medical centers propose one of the most cost-effective deals for hair transplant procedures in the world. The pricing here is 3-4 times cheaper than in some other countries where a hair transplantation is widespread. See the cost comparison* below:
*The pointed costs are approximate. They can vary depending on many factors.
As you see, the difference is significant. And if you want to receive a qualitative hair transplant surgery that will not cost you a fortune, Turkey is an excellent option for you.
However, you can wonder:
Why is a Hair Transplant So Cheap in Turkey?
There is no correlation between low costs and quality in case with Turkish medical centers that serve international clients. The hair transplant procedures are performed according to the protocols meeting all internationally-recognized standards. The deal is that the local government aims to make Turkey a top destination for medical tourism globally and one more state budget replenishment source. So, the clinics attract customers with low costs, maintaining a high level of service simultaneously.
The cost of a hair transplant operation within the country varies about 10-15%. So, you can find even offers starting from $1,600.
How Much Does a Hair Transplant Cost in Turkey [Prices, Packages and Best Deals]
The following factors affect the price of a hair transplant in Turkey:
- the surgeon’s reputation and experience
- the clinic’s recognition and demand among patients
- a set of services offered.
However, if you pick even the most extended hair transplantation offer, you will not pay over $4,300. The most common price is $2,000-$2,500. For this money, you will receive a hair transplant procedure managed by an experienced doctor, follow-up supervision, comfortable conditions for living, a regular airport-clinic-airport transfer, and even an interpreter’s accompaniment. No other country in the world offers advanced service at such a reasonable price.
What Hair Transplant Package to Choose and What Will I Benefit?
The main feature of hair transplant facilities in Turkey is that they offer a price not for an operation separately, but together with a complete set of services. This is called a hair transplant package price. When you see a fee for this intervention in a Turkish clinic, note that it consists of the following components:
- a hair replacement procedure, the maximum number of grafts (4,500+)
- blood tests
- stay in a 4 or 5-star hotel
- interpreter’s escort (if necessary)
- airport pick-up to deliver you in a clinic.
Usually, most medical centers worldwide determine the pricing of a hair transplant operation in the following way: they provide a cost per graft, not the whole procedure. So, the more grafts you require, the higher the price will be. Moreover, no extra services are not provided for free. It supposes that you need to pay for accommodation and your way to a clinic and back additionally.
While picking a hair transplant package in Turkey, you obtain such benefits:
- save 30-40% additionally for extra arrangements
- receive the maximum number of transplanted hair for a minimal price
- focus on your procedure and its result, not some financial or organizational matters.
Hair Transplant Packages in Turkey
Sapphire FUE Hair Transplantation | Primary PackageSmile Hair ClinicGuarantee certificate for 5 years Post-surgery care for 12 months Translation service$2200
FUE Hair Transplantation | Package PriceAdem and Havva Medical Center Life time guarantee for the transplanted amount of grafts$1784
Picking a hair transplant package in any Turkish clinics, specify which services it covers to know what you pay for. Some medical centers also extend a list of services that fall in the cost offering meals, city tours, a private driver, etc. Note that picking “star” doctors to manage a procedure may increase the cost. Such surgeons often ask for a higher fee due to the vast experience and broad popularity outside the country. Also, if you want to stay in a 5-star hotel instead of a 4-one, you will need to pay extra.
About 90% of customers prefer a standard package to get a hair transplant in Turkey. Such a package covers the basic services: a procedure, a hotel stay, a transfer. Customers are absolutely satisfied choosing a standard set of benefits because the FUE hair transplant result does not depend on whether you stay in a comfortable 4-star hotel or a luxurious 5-star one.
Reviews of a Hair Transplant in Turkey
Almost every person who seeks a hair transplant in Turkey or any other place wants to be sure that they will experience the best results and forget about the hair loss problem forever eventually. One of the most trustworthy sources for predicting a future outcome and finding the most optimal place for a hair transplant is patients’ reviews.
Thousands of people share the experience regarding their Turkish hair transplant journey. They describe in detail where they had a procedure, who managed a hair transplant, how they passed the postoperative period, what difficulties they faced, and the most important — what result they have received eventually.
You can find such reviews on many sources, including the websites of the specialized clinics. However, the medical facilities are a concerned party, so there is a possibility of faked reviews published on their website. You can find the most truthful feedback on the thematic communities or such platforms as Bookimed.
We verify our users, so that you will find 100+ real reviews about a hair transplant in Turkey on our website you can trust.
Patient reviews on hair transplant
After checking the reviews, you will definitely know which clinic to choose and what to expect after your arrival in Turkey. After your flying back home, you can also share your hair transplant experience to help those people who are now looking for a clinic and find answers to their questions.
Before and After Results of a Hair Transplant in Turkey
They say that it is better to see once than to hear a hundred times. This statement is also relevant to hair transplant results. Before and after photos of patients who have already undergone a procedure in Turkey are the most demonstrative overviews of the future outcome. Comparing the images, you will predict how you will look after an operation. Only when you see the most proper hair transplant work, you can consider a clinic where this result has been achieved.
The photos will also help you choose a clinic and a doctor who will manage this operation: after checking them you will understand whether you want to obtain the same result. You can find the photos on the Bookimed website (there are only real patients’ images, the rights reserved), on the clinic’s official websites or on some communities.
Before and After Results of Hair Transplant in Turkey
Note that most of the postoperative results you see are not immediate. It requires some time to observe as the transplanted hair starts growing like your own one. Usually, it takes about 12 months to estimate the final outcome. And this is the most common period when people take their “after” photos.
So, leaving a Turkish clinic after an intervention, you will still have some bald areas, but they are temporary. When these 12 months pass, you will receive an outstanding result that will preserve for a lifetime. Some Turkish medical centers even provide a life-lasting warranty for a hair transplant proving their competency and the quality of a procedure.
FUE Hair Transplant: How It Works and Benefits
FUE hair transplant (or Follicular Unit Extraction method) is one of the most common methods applied in Turkey and worldwide. This hair transplant treatment has been used for over 10 years, and still, it is the most effective, high quality, and painless hair replacement procedure ever.
The process of FUE method is the following:
- Local anesthesia is administered to make the procedure comfortable for a patient.
- A doctor starts collecting grafts (a bunch of 3-4 follicles). A specialist takes out follicular units from the donor areas (usually, the nape). The obtained material is placed in a special liquid, and then a doctor forms grafts.
- A surgeon makes tiny punctures on the hairless zone.
- Using a punch, a special instrument for hair replacement, a doctor carefully plants follicles in the incisions.
The duration of a hair transplant is 4-8 hours. The duration depends on the number of grafts needed for transplantation from the recipient areas. After FUE, there are no visible scars, and painful feelings disappear soon. The recovery goes fast, and in 7 days after a procedure, a patient can return to work and a normal lifestyle.
The benefits that patients obtain choosing Turkey for FUE hair transplant:
- 3-4 times lower price than in the USA or the UK where the same FUE procedure is carried out
- package price for an intervention: accommodation, transfer, interpreters escort are also fallen in the price
- ability to solve hair loss issues and combine an operation with some kind of vacation enjoying local places of interest.
Experiencing a FUE hair transplant in Turkey, you can count on the great result and comfortable healing process. Here, you will receive follow-up consultations and recommendations on avoiding complications and boosting postoperative recovery. All you need is to choose a good clinic and a doctor that will help to reach a desirable result.
Best FUE Hair Transplant Clinics in Turkey
What are the Best Hair Transplant Clinics in Turkey?
- Read reviews. The patients’ feedback is the first thing you need to check out before picking a clinic. After reading them, you will determine whether people are satisfied by a visit to a clinic, the level of service, whether customers feel comfortable during a hair transplant procedure, what side effects or complications they experience, and many other things. If you meet many negative reviews or cannot find any, it is better to pick another medical facility.
- Check out before and after photos. The medical centers that are proud of patients’ results after a procedure will not hide them. As a rule, you can find before-and-after photos on the official websites. You will be able to estimate whether they get rid of hair loss, improve hairline, hair growth and its density. If the final result seems improper for you, look for a facility that provides the outcome you like.
- Compare prices. Naturally, a meager cost is always attractive. However, it is better to put aside those centers that offer suspiciously cheap hair transplants. Pay attention to those medical centers that provide average pricing for an operation.
Best Hair Transplant Clinics in Turkey
Who are the Best Hair Transplant Doctors?
Picking a proper clinic for a FUE hair transplant is a responsible step on your hair make-over journey: you select a high service level, comfortable conditions of staying, new equipment. However, finding the right hair transplant surgeon is more important. The doctor’s experience determines what result you will receive eventually and whether you will have complications after a procedure. To minimize possible side effects and to obtain a result you have been dreaming of, pay attention to those criteria:
- Doctor’s experience. Education and a number of practicing years are important. However, pay special attention to a number of performed successful hair transplant surgeries. Board-certified doctors have at least 700-800 hair transplants under their belt.
- Reviews and photos. It is compulsory to check out the patients’ reviews about a doctor: it is great when a surgeon can perform a qualitative hair transplant, is kind and supportive to his/her customers. Photos of men and women who have had hair transplantation also demonstrate what result you will receive in the end.
There are a lot of doctors in Turkey who meet these criteria. For instance, Dr. Mehmet Erdogan, Dr. Safiye Kurt, Dr. Cagatay Cebeci, etc. are among the best to perform hair transplants.
The Best Hair Transplant Doctors
Hair transplantation is the only option offering a permanent solution to stop hair loss and restore hair density. Choosing Turkey for hair transplantation, you receive a set of benefits: lower prices, advanced customer service and care, high quality of the procedure. If you have any questions regarding this operation, what hair transplant clinic to choose, who are the best doctors, where is the lowest cost, how to schedule an operation, just submit a request on Bookimed for receiving a free consultation. With us it is safe and much easier to arrange your hair transplant procedure.
Hair Transplant in Turkey FAQ
Turkey offers many benefits for patients: low cost, all-inclusive service, and board-certified doctors. Despite affordable prices, you experience a high-quality hair transplant with a guaranteed lifetime result.
The general price policy within a country is low, so medical services are affordable for tourists. Also, local clinics maintain interest among international patients offering discounts and extra services.
- Ishrs.org (2020). International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery: 2020 Practice Census Results https://ishrs.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/Report-2020-ISHRS-Practice-Census-05-22-20.pdf
- Wikipedia. Follicular unit extraction https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Follicular_unit_extraction
- Healthline. What You Need to Know About Direct Hair Implantation (DHI) https://www.healthline.com/health/dhi-hair-transplant
- BBC (2016). I Went to Turkey for a Hair Transplant https://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/article/758f9f1f-e8b6-4a97-8046-b0888e610edd