Hair Transplant in Turkey: In-Depth Guide for Patients
Medically reviewed by
In 2019, about 680,000+ people had a hair transplant globally. And Turkey still remains one of the most after-sought places to have this procedure. Thousands of customers jet out to the state because of numerous benefits they can obtain here:
– Low prices and hot deals
Turkish clinics stay ahead regarding the good hair transplant (HT) pricing. They determine the average cost of the procedure as $2,200 (according to Bookimed data), and for this price you receive the maximum number of grafts possible to be replaced per one procedure. Just compare: the same operation costs $6,000-$18,000 in the UK and up to $15,000 in the USA. The difference impresses, so even with all travel expenses you receive more profit choosing Turkey.
– Newest techniques.
If you think that a low price in case of a hair transplant surgery in Turkey means poor quality and outdated techniques, we have good news for you. The Turkish clinics that serve medical tourists (patients coming from abroad) value their reputation. So, they employ highly-experienced doctors (each of them has already had 1,000+ procedures on their account) and use only the most updated techniques. FUE and DHI are the most frequently applied options for HT. The same methods are widely used in the USA or the UK. They show up to 98% effectiveness, guarantee a lifetime result.
– Advanced services.
By picking Turkey for a hair replacement, you do not only save money and receive the excellent result. You can count on some extra services included in the hair transplant price for free as a bonus. They are airport pick-up, accommodation, and interpreter’s escort. So, just after your landing in Turkey, you will focus on your surgery exceptionally, not some travel arrangements.
Sounds well? Keep reading to find more info about a hair transplant in Turkey: prices, results, reviews, clinics, and doctors.
How Much Does a Hair Transplant Cost in Turkey?
* The pointed prices are approximate. They can vary depending on many factors.
As you see, the difference is significant. And if you want to receive a qualitative procedure that will not cost you a fortune, Turkey is an excellent option for you.
However, you can wonder:
Why is a hair transplant so cheap in Turkey?
There is no correlation between low costs and quality in case with Turkish clinics that serve international clients The procedure is performed according to the protocols meeting all internationally-recognized standards. The deal is that the local government aims to make Turkey a top destination for medical tourism globally and one more state budget replenishment source. So, the clinics attract patients with low prices, maintaining a high level of service simultaneously.
The cost of an operation within the country varies about 10-15%. So, you can find even offers starting from $1,600.
How Much Does a Hair Transplant Cost in Turkey [Prices, Packages and Best Deals]
The following factors affect the price of a hair transplant in Turkey:
- the surgeon’s reputation and experience
- the clinic’s recognition and demand among patients
- a set of services offered.
However, if you pick even the most extended hair transplant offer, you will not pay over $4,300. The most common price is $2,000-$2,500. For this money, you will receive a hair transplant procedure managed by an experienced doctor, follow-up supervision, comfortable conditions for living, a regular airport-clinic-airport transfer, and even an interpreter’s accompaniment. No other country in the world offers advanced service at such a reasonable price.
What Hair Transplant Package to Choose and What Will I Benefit?
The main feature of hair transplant facilities in Turkey is that they offer a price not for an operation separately, but together with a complete set of services. This is called a hair transplant package price. When you see a fee for this procedure in a Turkish clinic, note that it consists of the following components:
- a hair replacement procedure, the maximum
- number of grafts (4,500+)
- stay in a 4 or 5-star hotel
- interpreter’s escort (if necessary)
- airport pick-up to deliver you in a clinic.
Usually, most clinics worldwide determine the pricing of an operation in the following way: they provide a cost per graft, not the whole procedure. So, the more grafts you require, the higher the price will be. Moreover, no extra services are not provided for free. It supposes that you need to pay for accommodation and your way to a clinic and back additionally.
While picking a hair transplant package in Turkey, you experience such benefits:
- save 30-40% additionally for extra arrangements
- receive the maximum number of grafts for a minimal price
- focus on your procedure and its result, not some financial or organizational matters.
Hair Transplant Packages in Turkey
Sapphire FUE Hair Transplantation | Primary PackageSmile Hair ClinicGuarantee certificate for 5 years Post-surgery care for 12 months Translation service$2200
Package price for FUE Hair TransplantationSALUSS Hair Transplantation ClinicThe doctor gives out a special shampoo that helps to restore the skin. Antalya city center tour (Kaleiçi, Karalioğlu Park, Antalya Marina, Düden Waterfall, Archeology Museum). Shopping trip (Migros , Deepo Outlet Center, Terracity).$1750
Picking a hair transplant package in any Turkish clinics, specify which services it covers to know what you pay for. Some clinics also extend a list of services that fall in the cost offering meals, city tours, a private driver, etc. Note that picking “star” doctors to manage a procedure may increase the price. Such surgeons often ask for a higher fee due to the vast experience and broad popularity outside the country. Also, if you want to stay in a 5-star hotel instead of a 4-one, you will need to pay extra.
About 90% of patients prefer a standard package to get a hair transplant in Turkey. Such a package covers the basic services: a procedure, a hotel stay, a transfer. Customers are absolutely satisfied choosing a standard set of benefits because the procedure’s result does not depend on whether you stay in a comfortable 4-star hotel or a luxurious 5-star one.
Reviews of a Hair Transplant in Turkey
Almost every person who seeks a hair transplant in Turkey or any other place wants to be sure that they will experience a great result and forget about hair loss issues forever eventually. One of the most trustworthy sources for predicting a future outcome and finding the most optimal place for a hair transplant is patients’ reviews.
Thousands of people share the experience regarding their Turkish hair transplant journey. They describe in detail where they had a procedure, who managed a hair transplant, how they passed the postoperative period, what difficulties they faced, and the most important — what result they have received eventually.
You can find such reviews on many sources, including the websites of the specialized clinics. However, the medical facilities are a concerned party, so there is a possibility of faked reviews published on their website. You can find the most truthful feedback on the thematic communities or such platforms as Bookimed.
We verify our users, so that you will find 100+ real reviews about a hair transplant in Turkey on our website you can trust.
Patient reviews on hair transplant
After checking the reviews, you will definitely know which clinic to choose and what to expect after your arrival in Turkey. After your flying back home, you can also share your hair transplant experience to help those people who are now looking for a clinic and find answers to their questions.
Before and After Results of a Hair Transplant in Turkey
They say that it is better to see once than to hear a hundred times. This statement is also relevant to hair transplant results. Before and after photos of patients who have already undergone a procedure in Turkey are the most demonstrative overviews of the future outcome. Comparing the images, you will predict how you will look after an operation.
The photos will also help you choose a clinic and a doctor who will manage this operation: after checking them you will understand whether you want to obtain the same result. You can find the photos on the Bookimed website (there are only real patients’ images), on the clinic’s official websites or on some communities.
Before and After Results of Hair Transplant in Turkey
Note that most of the postoperative results you see are not immediate. It requires some time to observe as the transplanted hair starts growing like your own one. Usually, it takes about 12 months to estimate the final outcome. And this is the most common period when patients take their “after” photos.
So, leaving a Turkish clinic after an intervention, you will still have some bald areas, but they are temporary. When these 12 months pass, you will receive an outstanding result that will preserve for a lifetime. Some Turkish clinics even provide a life-lasting warranty for a hair transplant proving their competency and the quality of a procedure.
FUE Hair Transplant: How It Works and Benefits
FUE (or Follicular Unit Extraction) is one of the most common methods for a hair transplant applied in Turkey and worldwide. The technique has been used for over 10 years, and still, it is the most effective and painless hair replacement procedure ever.
The process of FUE is the following:
- Local anesthesia is administered to make the procedure comfortable for a patient.
- A doctor starts collecting grafts (a bunch of 3-4 follicles). A specialist takes out follicles from the donor area (usually, the nape). The obtained material is placed in a special liquid, and then a doctor forms grafts.
- A surgeon makes tiny punctures on the hairless zone.
- Using a punch, a special instrument for hair replacement, a doctor carefully plants follicles in the incisions.
Some Turkish clinics offer PRP-therapy or stem cell injections after an operation. These procedures speed up the recovery and increase the survival rate of the replaced grafts.
The duration of a hair transplant is 4-8 hours. The duration depends on the number of grafts needed for transplantation. After FUE, there are no visible scars, and painful feelings disappear soon. The recovery goes fast, and in 7 days after a procedure, a patient can return to work and a normal lifestyle.
The benefits that patients obtain choosing Turkey for FUE hair transplant:
- 3-4 times lower price than in the USA or the UK where the same FUE procedure is carried out
- package price for an intervention: accommodation, transfer, interpreters escort are also fallen in the price
- ability to solve hair loss issues and combine an operation with some kind of vacation enjoying local places of interest.
Experiencing a FUE hair transplant in Turkey, you can count on the great result and comfortable healing process. Here, you will receive follow-up consultations and recommendations on avoiding side effects and boosting postoperative recovery. All you need is to choose a good clinic and a doctor that will help to reach a desirable result.
Best FUE hair transplant Clinics in Turkey
What are the Best Hair Transplant Clinics in Turkey?
There are 350+ hair transplant clinics located only in Istanbul. There are thousands of them across the country. For many people, it is difficult to pick one among such a significant number of facilities.
Not to make a mistake and to select the best medical center in your case, take into account this simple advice:
- Read reviews. The patients’ feedback is the first thing you need to check out before picking a clinic. After reading them, you will determine whether people are satisfied by a visit to a clinic, the level of service, whether patients feel comfortable during a procedure, what side effects or complications they experience, and many other things. If you meet many negative reviews or cannot find any, it is better to pick another medical facility.
- Check out before and after photos. The clinics that are proud of patients’ results after a procedure will not hide them. As a rule, you can find before-and-after photos on the official websites. If the final result seems improper for you, look for a facility that provides the outcome you like.
- Compare prices. Naturally, meager prices are always attractive. However, it is better to put aside those clinics that offer suspiciously cheap hair transplants. Pay attention to those medical centers that provide average pricing for an operation.
Also, you can pick a clinic among those that are listed on our page. At once, you will check prices, reviews, patients’ before and after photos. According to patients’ opinion who have a hair transplant with Bookimed assistance, the best facilities for a procedure in Turkey are: Smile Hair Clinic, Estetik International, Madam Safiye Health Group, etc.
Best Hair transplant Clinics in Turkey
Who are the Best Hair Transplant Doctors?
Picking a proper clinic for a hair transplant is a responsible step on your hair transplant: you select a high service level, comfortable conditions of staying, new equipment. However, finding the right hair transplant surgeon is more important. The doctor’s experience determines what result you will receive eventually and whether you will have complications after a procedure. To minimize possible side effects and to obtain a result you have been dreaming of, pay attention to those criteria:
- Doctor’s experience. Education and a number of practicing years are important. However, pay special attention to a number of performed hair transplant surgeries. Board-certified doctors have at least 700-800 procedures under their belt.
- Reviews and photos. It is compulsory to check out the patients’ reviews about a doctor: it is great when a surgeon can perform a qualitative hair transplant, is kind and supportive to his/her patients. Photos of patients who have had a procedure also demonstrate what result you will receive in the end.
There are a lot of doctors in Turkey who meet these criteria. For instance, Dr. Mehmet Erdogan, Dr. Safiye Kurt, Dr. Cagatay Cebeci, etc.
The Best Hair Transplant Doctors
Hair Transplant in Turkey FAQ
Turkey offers many benefits for patients: low cost, all-inclusive service, and board-certified doctors. Despite affordable prices, you experience a high-quality hair transplant with a guaranteed lifetime result.
The general price policy within a country is low, so medical services are affordable for tourists. Also, local clinics maintain interest among international patients offering discounts and extra services.
- Ishrs.org (2020). International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery: 2020 Practice Census Results https://ishrs.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/Report-2020-ISHRS-Practice-Census-05-22-20.pdf
- Wikipedia. Follicular unit extraction https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Follicular_unit_extraction
- Healthline. What You Need to Know About Direct Hair Implantation (DHI) https://www.healthline.com/health/dhi-hair-transplant
- BBC (2016). I Went to Turkey for a Hair Transplant