Are you looking for affordable dental implants? Pay attention to the Kingdom of Thailand. Over 1 mln patients visit this country annually for medical services, including dental one. The high demand makes dental implants in Thailand affordable and popular with international patients. Keep reading and find out where to get the cheapest dental implants in the Kingdom.
This material has information purposes only and aims to tell about the most cost-effective skilled inpatient care. It isn't a call to action. The choice is yours.
All prices, saving rates, and other cost information given below have 3 independent sources:
- hospital representatives, who are responsible for price relevance and other info on the clinic
- the Bookimed medical team, which calculates saving rates according to data submitted by the rated medical facilities to make comparison and decision more comfortable
- official websites of authoritative organizations that provide cost peculiarities, facts, and figures.
Prices are approximate and may change according to the clinic's internal price policy and exchange rates. Note that the final cost is estimated by treating physician.
How much are dental implants in Thailand?
As the Ministry of Health of Thailand reports, 15% of the world’ dental tourists prefer this country to any other one. Low-cost dental implants in Thailand is a primary reason why people choose this procedure here.
Thousands of people from the USA, Canada, the UK, Australia, and even New Zealand come to Thailand to save up for teeth implants. In the USA, the total price for such a procedure is approximately $6,000, and in the Kingdom — up to $4,000. If you want to reduce the cost without quality loss, come to Bangkok or Phuket.
Where to get Thai dental implants at a reasonable price?
Most international patients who choose teeth implants in Thailand prefer to get this procedure in Bangkok or Phuket (main tourism centers of the country) and combine it with vacation. Whichever location out of these you will choose, the price does not change and remains approximately the same. The average dental implant cost in Thailand is $1,300.
Over 1,000 clinics provide dental implants in Thailand. The choice of location depends on your preferences.
- Bangkok is a vast, always crowded, colorful city, one of the leading business, cultural and tourist centers of the Kingdom.
- Phuket is considered one of the most respectable resorts in Thailand, where families with children and people tired of the hustle and bustle stay to rest.
Compared with other world capitals like New York or London, Bangkok provides cheap dental services. The cost of dental implants in Bangkok is up to 50% lower.
Many highly-qualified and experienced specialists provide tooth implants of any type and use only modern techniques to make the patients’ smile great again.
One more reason except for cheap dental implants in Bangkok that attracts thousands of patients — an opportunity to combine their procedures with lovely holidays, visit famous sights, and admire incredible nature around.
What is dental implant cost in Bangkok?
Price per tooth
|Bumrungrad Hospital||from $1,000|
|Bangkok International Dental Center||from $1,111|
|Smile Signature Dental Clinic||from $1,230|
Bangkok International Dental Center (BIDC)
Over 1,000 of dental implants are performed at Bangkok International each year.
Dentists with over 10 years of practice carry out the procedure. They have been trained in the US and UK medical facilities, have a vast experience.
At BIDC, doctors use implants produced by Straumann (Switzerland) and Nobel Biocare (Sweden) — these brands are among the most reliable and stable in the world market.
- Dental center is internationally accredited by JCI (Joint Commission International, the USA).
- Dentists of the center have trained in the USA and 70 of them have got numerous international certificates.
- The clinic provides sterile and high-quality treatments for patients’ safety. BIDC specializes in implants, crowns, veneers, braces, root canal treatment, tooth extraction, etc.
- Over 20,000 patients visit Bangkok International Dental Center each year.
Bumrungrad International Hospital
98% of successful dental implantations have been performed at Bumrungrad.
Bumrungrad hospital is accredited by JCI (Joint Commission International), an organization evaluating world-class medical centers. Bumrungrad International is among the world’s Top 10 best hospitals and Top 30 most technologically advanced clinics.
Over 1 million patients choose Bumrungrad each year for various treatments. 50% of them are from over 190 countries.
Joint Commission International
Joint Commission International (JCI) identifies, measures, and shares best practices in quality and patient safety in the world.
Global Healthcare Accreditation Program
Global Healthcare Accreditation (GHA) evaluates the quality of services provided to international patients in medical facilities worldwide (medical tourism). GHA is an independent institution. Its advisory board includes representatives of leading hospitals, insurance companies, and organizations that deal with patient experience and risk management.
Patient choice for Check-up
The Bookimed international patients have ranked this clinic as the best one for medical screening in 2019.
- Dentists specialize here in bridges, crowns, dentures, root canal treatment, aesthetic and pediatric dentistry.
- Bumrungrad offers modern diagnostics if required — a Panorex, an X-ray machine to provide precise panoramic dental images of the upper and lower jaws, teeth, etc.
- The hospital follows strict international standards of dental sterilization — every instrument is used individually for each patient.
- The hospital is certified by JCI that confirms the safety and excellent quality of dental services for patients.
- Bumrungrad is among Top 10 greatest hospitals for treatment in the world. International patients from 190 countries come here for treatment, including dental services.
Smile Signature Dental Clinic in Bangkok
For over 14 years, specialists of this clinic have been implanting the teeth with innovative techniques. Dentists apply such implantation systems as conventional, same day, and immediate function implants.
Bangkok Smile Signature Dental Clinic is a subsidiary of Dental Cooperation in Thailand. The Clinic is focused on the treatment of foreign patients. Bangkok Smile Signature Dental Clinic is equipped with advanced technologies, and dentists of the Clinic are the graduates from the prestigious medical schools of the USA and the UK. Smile Signature follows strict ISO requirements of quality standards.
In spite of being an expensive resort island, Phuket is a cheap place for teeth implants compared with the USA. Dental implants in Phuket cost from $1,400 while in the US it reaches $3,000 — following with 50% off cost saving.
It is easy to get there by plane to an airport on the island. Besides treatment, patients can enjoy sunbathing on marvelous beaches or find an isolated beach, a personal paradise.
What is the cost of dental implant cost in Phuket?
Price per tooth
|Smile Signature Dental Clinic Phuket||from $1,473|
|Dental Signature Phuket||from $1,611|
Dental Signature Phuket
The dental clinic is accredited by JCI (Joint Commission International), an organization that approves the quality and safety of medical centers’ services worldwide.
The clinic follows sterilization standards according to the CDC (the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the US), WHO (the World Health Organization), and AAMI (the Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation) to provide strict infection control for patients protection.
Phuket Dental Signature is a subsidiary of Bangkok International Dental Center approved by JCI and ISO (USA). Phuket Dental Signature is the largest dental Clinic in Phuket that provides professional dental treatment specializing in dental crowns, dental implants and aesthetic veneers with on-site dental laboratory for quick help. There are 12 treatment rooms and over 45 dentists and specialists for providing high-quality dental services.
Phuket Smile Signature Dental Clinic
The clinic is among Top 3 dental centers in Thailand according to Global Patients’ Choice, an annual award that estimates first-rate dental services worldwide. The clinic complies with ISO standards of safety and high-quality for dental implants.
Smile Signature Dental Clinic in Phuket is the largest group of clinics in Thailand, experienced dentists graduated from the UK and USA. The clinic has an affiliation with the American Dental Association (ADA).
- 40 qualified dentists provide their patients with safe and quality dental services.
- Teeth Zoom Advance Whitening is among the most requested services — it removes discoloration caused by smoking, coffee, tea or red wine.
- The dental center has own laboratory for crowns and implants production. That helps to reduce the waiting of the procedure.
- The clinic is an affiliate of the American Dental Association (ADA) — that means doctors interchange their experience with American colleagues and develop their skills in dentistry.
- Smile Signature Dental Clinic in Phuket keeps sterilization and safety standards (ISO).
What things affect dental implant cost in Thailand
Before installation, pay attention to the factors that influence the price: They are the following:
- diagnostics (X-ray scans and imaging of the patient's jaws)
- implant types
- technique of placement
- surgeon’s expertise.
Dental implants holiday in Thailand
A lot of Thai medical facilities provide special dental implant packages that usually include not only the replacement itself but transfer, accommodation, and meals. Each package is individual. So the type of procedure is added to the program according to the patient's dental issues.
Teeth implant packages help to save money. You pay the solo price for all services needed, and it is 2 times cheaper than if you pay for each service separately. You can cut down expenses and spend this money for vacation and entertainment.
Specify additional information with Bookimed medical coordinator who will tell you what clinics provide dental implant holidays in Thailand and how much it costs.
What types of dental implants are performed in Thailand?
A dentist applies only 4 implants to support the prostheses. This method reduces the number of implants that allows starting the prosthesis care faster. After the procedure, recovery time is reduced and the patient can come back to his/her ordinary daily routine.
All-on-6 method for implantation
Six implants are used for prostheses support. Such implants are more durable and sterile. The risk of infection is minimal — this allows implantation, even if there is periodontal tissue inflammation. The implants are strong, stable and not exposed to atrophy.
Such implants differ from conventional ones by small size (their diameter is 2-3 mm) and the technique of installation (implanted in the surface layer of the bone).
Advantages of mini-implants:
- Cheap prices. The method is cheaper than classic teeth placement.
- Fast procedure. It is less invasive in comparison with traditional implant surgery and does not take much time.
- Not require additional surgeries (jawbone augmentation for implants insertion).
Conventional dental implants
These are traditional implants offering high success rate after the procedure. They can be indicated for patients who require bone augmentation. Recovery lasts about 6 months.
Same day implants
The dentist puts an implant after a tooth removal within one procedure. A patient does not require additional visits. The procedure is less traumatic compared to the conventional procedure.
Immediate function implants
The procedure is performed within 48 hours of implant insertion.
Answers to 7 questions that you need to know before you pay for teeth implants in Thailand
How long do you need to stay in Thailand for a dental implant?
The longevity of your trip depends on your case. For a single replacement, you need only 2 visits over 4-6 months, but for a full dental implant in Thailand, you should include into budget 10-14 days.
How do you pay for new teeth?
In most dental clinics in this country, the procedure is paid in Thai baht. You can also pay replacement with a Visa or Mastercard. Be careful! The final dental implant cost in Thailand will be calculated according to the exchange rate for the current date.
Why do people have dental implants in Thailand?
Thailand is among the top destinations for dental treatment especially for people who want to reduce their expenses on teeth work. Check out the benefits of teeth implantation in Thailand:
- High-quality and safe dental care. Clinics in Thailand comply with international healthcare standards and are well-equipped with the latest devices and instruments.
- Affordable prices. A patient can save up to 50% on teeth implants in comparison with other countries. To install Thailand implant may cost from $1,000, and in the USA, 1 implant price starts from $3,000. All on 4 cost Thailand starts from $7,000 and in the United States, it's from $15,000 per arch.
- Qualified and certified dentists. Specialists in Thailand are highly-skilled with decades of experience. Thai dentists have got international degrees and certificates which approve their high qualification.
- Patient-friendly clinics. In Thai dental centers, staff and doctors speak English fluently. The clinics may also offer airport transfer and accommodation in a hotel.
- Vacation & treatment. After implantation, you can admire amazing views, temples, and nature. For sea lovers, there is a big number of picturesque beaches.
Are dental implants indicated for everyone?
Teeth implantation is suitable for almost all grown-ups. This procedure is not indicated for children and people younger 18 years. Dentists do not recommend implantation for:
- people with gum disease
- people with diabetes
Anyway, each case is special, so just consult with your doctor and decide together if dental implants are indicated for you.
How long does dental implantation last in Thai clinics?
This depends on the implantation technique and the patient’s case. For example, if you need full-mouth teeth implantation that includes such methods as All-on-4/6/8 — it can take up to 14 days. You can send your medical records to a clinic including a panoramic photo and get a preliminary treatment program. When you arrange your trip, ask Bookimed manager concerning the duration of hospital stay. Sometimes a patient needs 2 visits especially if there is a lack of bone tissue.
How to get a cost of dental implants in Thailand?
- Submit a request on Bookimed and the manager will contact you shortly.
- We provide you with all necessary info concerning dental implant cost Thailand
- If you have the images of your jaws or some medical records, we send them to a chosen clinic.
- A clinic sends you a preliminary invoice with a treatment plan.
- If you approve the prices, we start arranging your dental vacation to Thailand.