Dr. Carlos Ballesta López is a Head Of Laparoscopic Surgery Center. His specialty: General and Digestive Surgery
With more than 30 years of experience in general and digestive surgery, Dr. Ballesta is a pioneer in laparoscopic surgery (minimally invasive). This technique provides minimixation of pain and recovery periond for patients.
Units of the Dr. Ballesta Laparoscopic Center:
- Metabolic Surgery (gastric bypass).
- Colorectal surgery.
- Esophageal-gastric surgery.
- Liver, gallbladder and pancreas surgery .
The experience of Dr. Ballesta medical team includes more than 12,000 operations of abdominal and digestive surgery by laparoscopy. He is an organizer of courses of laparoscopic surgery, which have served as training for other Spanish surgeons and foreigners, especially from Latin America.
In 2011, Dr. Ballesta Laparoscopic Center obtained the accreditation of the IFSO (The International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders) as a Center of Excellence in Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery.
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery from the University of Granada in 1973
- Medical specialist in General Surgery since 1977
- Doctor in Medicine and Surgery, with the outstanding qualification "cum laude" unanimously, in 1979
- Medical specialist in Gastroenterology since 1979
- Physician in General Surgery Department
- Assistant Doctor of General Surgery and Gastroenterology Department
- Member of the Medical Board of Teknon Medical Center
- Director of the Dr. Ballesta Laparoscopic Center