Prof. Devge is one of the best world ENT doctors based in Turkey. Pioneer of innovative treatment methods, incl. ultrasound-guided surgery, math algorithms. Vice-President at TUYOD. Provides studies in the USA and Switzerland.
Cem Devge’s specialty
Prof. Cem Devge provides treatment of ear, nose and throat disorders according to NCCN and WHO guidelines. He also applies mathematics branches and models as chaos theory, game theory, and fuzzy logic and the latest treatment algorithms to diagnose and manage ENT diseases. Among them are: fluorescence image-guided surgery, photo-dynamic therapy, robotic and ultrasound-guided surgery.
The very first in the world who:
- developed digital dental implants (2012)
- removed rare salivary gland tumors with fine needle aspiration biopsy (2011)
- performed functional endoscopic sinus surgery (2011)
- applied transcranial magnetic stimulation (2011).
The first in Turkey who:
- provided deep brain stimulation in patients with tinnitus (2011)
- surgically implanted the middle-ear cochlear implant (1996)
- managed facial bone tissue loss with silicone implant (1996).
- Since 2012 — ENT specialist in Memorial Ataşehir Hospital
- 2005-2012 — Founder and President of the ENT Department at Yeditepe University
- 2001-2003 — ENT specialist in Istanbul Surgery Hospital
- 1995-2000 — Assistant Professor at the ENT Department at the University of Kocaeli
- 1993-1995 — ENT specialist in Istanbul SSK Hospital
- 1992-1993 — Research Fellow and Guest lecturer at the University of Gothenburg (Sweden)
- 1991-1992 — ENT specialist in Hospital of Kütahya Air Base.
- 1981-1987 — Istanbul University Faculty of Medicine (Turkey) — Degree in general medicine
- 1987-1991 — Istanbul Research and Training Hospital (Turkey) — Specialty in otorhinolaryngology
- 2003 — The University of Iowa Research Park (USA) — Research Assistant
- 2005 — The University of Lucerne (Switzerland) — Research Assistant
- 2006 — Istanbul Research and Training Hospital (Turkey) — Professorship.
Author of 28 scientific papers. Studies cancer gene therapies in head&neck tumors, cochlear implant and brainstem hearing implants.
Provided Hair Cell Regeneration Project in collaboration with US NewLink Genetics Corporation.
Since 2003 — Associate Professor at the Department of ENT Diseases, Faculty of Medicine at Yeditepe University.
Membership in organizations
- The Turkish Society for Artificial Organs and Support Systems (TUYOD) — Vice-President
- The Turkish Society of Otorhinolaryngology and Head & Neck Surgery
- The European Society for Artificial Organs (ESAO)
- The American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery.