39 years of experience
Doctor speaks English, German, Polish, French
Dr. Zielinski is a famous oncologist, educator, and cancer researcher from Austria. President of the Central European Cooperative Oncology Group (CECOG).
Univ. Prof. Dr. Christoph C. Zielinski is an expert in internal medicine and medical oncology
- Since 2004 – Head of the Department of Medicine I, Clinical Division of Oncology and Comprehensive Cancer Center in Vienna General Hospital
- 2002-2004 – Chairman of the Clinical Division of Oncology of Medicine I, Clinical Division of Oncology and Comprehensive Cancer Center in Vienna General Hospital
- Executive Consultant of Acuvax Limited, a company devoted to cancer research.
- 1990-1992 – The Cancer Research Center at Tufts University (USA).
- 1967 – Medical University of Vienna – Degree in General Medicine
- 1992 – Medical University of Vienna – Professor of Medical Experimental Oncology.
- 2003 – Anton-Gindely Prize for the presidentship of the Central European Cooperative Oncology Group
- 2003 – Award by the city of Vienna for medical sciences
- 2014 – Grand Decoration of Honour in Silver for Outstanding Services to the Republic of Austria
- 2018 – Golden Decoration for Outstanding Services to the City of Vienna.
Prof. Zielinski provides studies in cancer therapies and anticancer targeted drugs. His primary focus is on breast cancer research. Has written over 600 scientific papers.
Membership in organizations
- The Central European Cooperative Oncology Group (CECOG) – President
- The European Society for Medical Oncology
- The American Society for Clinical Oncology (ASCO)
- The American Association for Cancer Research (AACR)
- The Austrian Society for Hematology and Oncology
- The European Cancer Concord – European Cancer Patient’s Bill of Rights.
- The Austrian Society for Allergology and Immunology
- The Viennese Patients’ Rights Advocacy Group Living with Cancer – Founder.