Peter Paul Urban
20 years of experience
Doctor speaks English, German
Dr. Urban is among best rated neurologists based in Germany who has over 25 years of experience. Heads the Neurology Department at Asklepios Klinik Barmbek.
Dr. Urban is an expert in the treatment of movement and cognitive disorders, clinical neurophysiology. Professor Peter Paul Urban focuses on Parkinson’s disease treatment.
- Since 2006 — Head of the Neurology Department at Asklepios Klinik Barmbek
- 1997-2006 — Senior neurologist at the Department of Neurology of the University Medical Center of the Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz.
- 1982-1987 — The University Medical Center of the Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz — Degree in general medicine
- 1990 — The University Medical Center of the Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz — Specialty in neurology.
- 1999 — The Richard-Jung Award of the German Society for Clinical Neurophysiology
- 2001 — The Boehringer Ingelheim Prize from the University Medical Center of the Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz
- 2004 — The Scientific Award of the European Neurological Society
- 2011 — Asklepios Award.
Provides studies in treatment of stroke care, diagnostics, and therapy of motor disorders as Parkinson's disease, vascular diseases, neurophysiology, neuromuscular system.
Membership in organizations
- The International Parkinson and Movement Disorder Society
- The European Brain and Behaviour Society
- The German Stroke Foundation
- The European Parkinson's Disease Association
- The German MS Society
- The German Society for Clinical Neurophysiology and Functional Imaging
- The German Society of Ultrasound in Medicine and Biology
- The American Academy of Neurology.