Pediatric transplant surgeon, Cardiothoracic surgeon, Thoracic surgeon
23 years of experience
Doctor speaks English, Hindi
Heart and lung transplant with a 85-90% success rate.
Dr. Sandeep Attawar is famous cardiothoracic surgeon in India. Serves as the Director of the Cardiac Surgery&Thoracic Organ Transplant Program at Gleneagles Global Health City.
Dr. Sandeep Attawar is a specialist in cardiothoracic surgery. He has participated in over 10,000 open and closed heart surgeries in adults and children.
His expertise also covers heart and lung transplant with a 85-90% success rate.
- Since 2017 – Director & Chair of Cardiovascular Surgery, Thoracic Organ Transplantation & MCS Program at Global Hospital Chennai (Gleneagles Global Health City)
- 2013-2017 – Head of the Cardiac Surgery, Mechanical Circulatory Support, Heart Transplant Department at Fortis Gurgaon Memorial Research Institute
- 2012-2013 – Director of Cardiac Surgery and Thoracic Organ Transplantation at Global Hospitals Group in Chennai
- 2010-2012 – Vice President and Director of Cardiac Sciences Center at Narayana Health in Jaipur
- 2005-2010 – Chief heart surgeon and Head of the Cardiosurgical Division at Apollo Dhaka
- 2003-2005 – Senior cardiac surgeon consultant at the Rabindranath Tagore International Institute of Cardiac Sciences in Calcutta
- 2000-2002 – Cardiac surgeon at Cardiac AJ Hospital and Research Center in Mangalore, Manipal Heart Foundation in Bangalore, and Narayana Hrudayalaya in Bangalore.
- The Medical Faculty Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences & Technology – Degree in general medicine, specialty in general surgery, specialty in cardiothoracic surgery.
Membership in organizations
- The International Society for Minimally Invasive Cardiothoracic Surgery
- The International Society for Heart and Lung Transplantation
- The Minimally Invasive Robotic Association
- The Society of Thoracic Surgeons
- The European Association for Cardio-Thoracic Surgery
- Being Human Foundation.