Thomas W Kraus
Surgical oncologist, Gastrointestinal surgeon, Pancreatic surgeon
30 years of experience
Doctor speaks English, German
Online consultation with surgeon
Medical procedures Included
24/7 Bookimed assistance
Personal medical coordinator
Medical travel arrangements — booking of air tickets and hotel rooms at special partner prices
Patient advocacy during a medical travel
You submit a request and the Bookimed coordinator contacts you to discuss all details.
Medical records collection
You collect all medical records and test results and send to the Bookimed coordinator.
Bookimed arranges free translation of your records if required and sends them to the doctor you’ve chosen.
Evaluation of your history
The doctor studies your records, defines treatment tactics and appoints the consultation time.
Online consultation with a doctor
The doctor explains the treatment program and answers all your questions. The consultation takes 30-60 minutes (with or without interpreter).
Conclusion & treatment plan
Afterward, you receive a plan of treatment developed according to internation guidelines and detailed recommendations.
- Prof. Kraus is Founder and Director of the German Society “Art of surgery”;
- He has performed over 3,000 surgical interventions for bowel diseases;
- He is a nationally recognized specialist in pancreatic surgery;
- The interdisciplinary medical center for the treatment of pancreatic problems headed by Dr. Kraus is honored with lots of national and international awards;
- Pr. Thomas Kraus gave more than 500 speeches and reports at the specialized conferences. A lot of his researches may be found on pages of the prestigious publishers;
- Professor is awarded many rewards including the Prize on experimental and clinical liver transplantation, The Prize of Middle Rein Surgeons Congress, the Scholarship of the Japan surgical society and others;
- He is the member of FACS.
Prof. Kraus is one of the most experienced surgeons in the country. Every year he heads the list of the best physicians in Germany. Most of his clinical training and scientific researches were conducted at the world’s largest oncological centers in the USA, France and Japan. He is a member of several prestigious national and international medical associations. One of the doctor’s specializations is colon surgery including operations on colon cancer. He has personally performed more than 3,000 surgical interventions on benign and malignant bowel and small intestine diseases of any complexity. His another particular specializations are stomach oncology and treatment of liver diseases (hepatobiliary surgery). He conducts the most complex inner surgeries, gallbladder and bile ducts resections. Currently Pr. Thomas Kraus holds the position of the Chief Physician in Nordwest Clinic in Francfurt am Main.
Key medical directions
A wide range of surgical services provided by the doctor includes:
- Laparotomy (dissection of the abdominal wall for the examination organs and tissues inside the cavity);
- Radical resection (full or partial organ removal) of malignant tumors;
- Draining of inflammatory diseases to remove the appeared necrotic masses;
- Bile ducts surgical reconstruction;
- Bypass (in cases when surgical treatment is impossible);
- Stapling of the damaged bile ducts;
- Surgical treatment of metastases particularly liver metastases;
- Endoscopic correction of inguinal, incisional and diaphragmatic hernias;
- Surgical treatment of obesity (gastric banding, sleeve resection, gastric bypass surgery).
If the situation allows, Prof. Kraus uses such techniques:
- intraoperative sonography;
- minimally invasive surgery;
- intraoperative visualization.
Dr. Kraus’s medical educations is directly connected with Heidelberg University (the oldest university in Germany):
1984 – got a medical degree;
1987 – got Ph.D in medicine;
2004 – was awarded the Professor title. For more than 15 years Prof. Kraus has been mastering various surgical directions and newest operative techniques at medical centers of Europe, Asia and the USA: Hospital Paul-Brousse (France); Kyoto University; Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center (USA); Johns Hopkins Hospital (USA) and others. Besides medical education, the doctor has a great experience in hospital management and business administration. Profiled diseases and procedures Stomach cancer; Pancreas cancer; Rectal cancer; Sigmoid colon cancer; Large intestine cancer; Small intestine cancer.