32 years of experience
Doctor speaks English, Czech
Chief Physician of the Czech Olympic team
I very carefully and scrupulously selected the clinic with your help and according to reviews from other patients, the impressions are the best and most pleasant (patient care, cleanliness and attentiveness at all stages). Very wonderful and professional doctor, thanks for the help and support. Oчень долго и щепетильно подбирал клинику с вашей помощью и по отзывам от других пациентов, впечатления самые лучшие и приятные( забота о пациенте, чистота и внимательность на всех этапах). Очень замечательный и профессиональный врач, спасибо за помощь и поддержку.
You submit a request and the Bookimed coordinator contacts you to discuss all details.
Medical records collection
You collect all medical records and test results and send to the Bookimed coordinator.
Bookimed arranges free translation of your records if required and sends them to the doctor you’ve chosen.
Evaluation of your history
The doctor studies your records, defines treatment tactics and appoints the consultation time.
Online consultation with a doctor
The doctor explains the treatment program and answers all your questions. The consultation takes 30-60 minutes (with or without interpreter).
Conclusion & treatment plan
Afterward, you receive a plan of treatment developed according to internation guidelines and detailed recommendations.
Operating since 1993, Professor Hospodar performs on average 20 procedures per week. He specializes in the full range of orthopedic surgeries, such as:
- Total knee and joint replacement — Hospodar M.D. performs implant surgeries every day and he is one of the most qualified and experienced specialists in this field — over 26 years of professional background. The Professor has two Orthopedics Postgraduate Degrees and a Head Physician license received from the Czech Medical Chamber.
- Arthroscopic surgeries and related procedures, including cruciate ligament plastic surgery, excision of a meniscus, etc. Minimally invasive knee, ankle, shoulder and elbow surgeries for diagnostic purposes, most often used to treat damaged meniscus, cartilage or arthritic nodules.
Dr. Hospodar has been the Head Physician of Orthopedic Unit in Malvazinky Hospital since 2003. He works with a team of highly qualified expert surgeons in orthopedics — together they perform a range of orthopedic surgeries using advanced equipment and modern implants, for example, Zimmer knee implants, suitable even for younger patients due to its durability.
The Professor is a Chief Physician of the Czech Olympic team since 1995. He also works as a consulting doctor of national hockey, basketball, and handball teams. In 2014, Prof. Hospodar occupied the position of the Chief Physician for the Czech Republic Acrobatic Skiing team for the Winter Olympic Games in Sochi, Russia.
- between 1983-1989 he studied in the Purkyně Military Medical Academy, Hradec Kralove, in the Czech Republic.
- in 1992, Hospodar M.D. has received first Grade Postgraduate Certificate in Orthopedics and Traumatology.
- the doctor has obtained the second Grade Postgraduate Certificate in Orthopedics and Traumatology.
- between 1989-1998 — a physician of the Orthopedics and Traumatology Department at Central Military Hospital.
- 1999-2003 — the Head Physician of Orthopedics and Traumatology Department at Central Military Hospital.
- since 2000-2003 — was an expert in total joint replacement.
- during 2003-2009 — was an acting director of Preventive Care Department at Malvazinky Hospital, in Prague, the Czech Republic.
- since 2003 till now — is the Head of Traumatology Department at Malvazinky Hospital.
- Prof. Hospodar had long-term internships and residencies in the USA, Canada, the UK, Switzerland, and France.
- Dr. Hospodar has participated in the development and implementation of different endoprosthesis types.
- The Professor is an author of numerous articles and works in endoprosthesis and sports medicine.
- Member of the Czech Society for Orthopedics and Traumatology.
- Member of the Czech Arthroscopic Society.