17 years of experience
Doctor speaks English, German
Prof. Köstler is an Austrian expert in immuno-oncologic treatment. He pays a special focus on treatment of patients with sarcoma and urogenital tumors.
Univ.-Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Johannes Köstler specializes in hematology&internal oncology, intensive care medicine. Professor Koestler applies immunotherapy, targeted therapies and cytotoxic agents for the treatment of breast, gastrointestinal and lung cancer.
- Since 2007 — Specialist in hematology and oncology in Vienna General Hospital
- 2014-2016 — Head of the Oncology Department at the Regional Hospital Wiener Neustadt
- 2011-2014 — Cochairman of the Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor Clinic and Bone- and Soft Tissue Sarcoma Service at the Comprehensive Cancer Center at the Medical University of Vienna
- 2005-2007 — Associate Professor in internal medicine
- 2004-2005 — Specialist in internal medicine.
- The Medical University of Vienna (Austria) — Degree in general medicine
- The Weizmann Institute of Science (Israel) — Degree in molecular biology
- Professor had special training at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center (USA) and Royal Prince Alfred Hospital (Australia).