Korea University Anam Hospital
Anam Hospital is a top multispecialty medical facility in Seoul, South Korea.
The hospital key specialties are cancer treatment, robotic surgery, cardiac surgery, orthopedics, and spinal therapy.
In 2018, Anam became one of the best for colon, breast, lung, and stomach cancer treatment in the country.
Patients from the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Russia, Kazakhstan, and Mongolia go here for treatment.
Last price update — 01.08.2019. Prices can be changed depending on the medical case and doctor's recommendations.
Hospital accreditations of quality
Date of content creation: 26.07.2019 · Last update: 14.01.2020 info
Korea University Anam Hospital was founded in 1991. Today it consists of 5 specialized centers and counts 1,000 beds.
Korea University Anam Hospital strong points
- High treatment success rates. For example, the survival rate for breast cancer stage 3 is 87.1%. This index is 10% higher than the average one in South Korean clinics.
- Modern equipment. Anam departments are equipped with the latest technologies as da Vinci robotic surgeon for 1-inch puncture surgeries, several linear accelerators for high-precise tumor irradiations, MRI, PET/CT.
- Additional services. Anam Hospital provides international patients with a free transfer from the airport to the hotel and back, medical interpreter assistance (if necessary).
A multidisciplinary team treats patients with cancer. This means about 10 oncologists study each patient’s history and choose the best treatment method. This approach helps avoid medical errors.
Chemo- and radiotherapy
The Anam medical team chooses chemotherapy regimens individually for each patient to minimize side effects.
Irradiation of new formations is provided on the latest radiotherapy units. Advanced equipment allows affecting tumors as accurately as possible, not causing harm.
Lineac VitalBeam is an ultrasound device for irradiating tumors — the latest model. The session lasts only 5 minutes instead of 20 minutes. The X-ray dose is 25% lower than in other similar devices.
TomoTherapy® device defines the tumor location and irradiates it as accurately as possible. Doctors use this technology for the treatment of prostate, lung, liver, blood, rectal, uterus, nasopharynx cancers, tumors in the spine, other organs, and systems.
Surgery is the key treatment for cancer.
Doctors specialize in carrying out such interventions:
- surgical procedure for gynecologic cancer-saving fertility
- breast tumor removal with the following reconstruction
- urinary tract cancers treatment
- thyroid cancer removal — the incision is made underarm, or through the mouth, so there are no noticeable scars
- colon and small intestine cancer treatment.
Anam Robotic Surgery Center was opened in 2007. The center has a da Vinci robot for high-precision operations.
The number of interventions conducted in the department is more than 3,000 (as of 2017).
The robot movements are precise, no effect of the surgeon’s trembling hand. The intervention is performed through several punctures up to 1-2 cm. After the da Vinci surgery barely noticeable scars remain instead of these punctures.
A robot surgeon is used to treat prostate, colon, small intestine, thyroid, breast, bladder, and kidney cancers.
The Heart Surgery Department is one of the best in the country for arrhythmia treatment, and mitral valve replacement as Anam reports.
Every year the cardiac team provides 3,000 radiofrequency ablations and angioplasty.
Orthopedic surgery and spine treatment
Orthopedists in collaboration with neurosurgeons provide 3,500 surgeries to treat disorders of the musculoskeletal system, joints and spinal cord.
Local rehabilitation center receives patients for post-surgery recovery.
- Spinal treatment with special injections or surgery
- Hip and knee replacement
- Joint arthroscopy. Doctors provide over 100 arthroscopic procedures for cruciate ligament and rotator cuff reconstruction per year.
What specialties in the hospital are the most demanded?
What treatments do patients most often ask for?
What procedures do patients have most often?
Slow connection. Wait for the end of loading to send a request.
- We find a medical coordinator familiar with the matter
- You get a personal offer with step-by-step guide and the cost estimate
- We arrange your travel including appointment scheduling and flights booking
- You arrive at the hospital, we support you 24/7