What is the cost of treatment in Turkey?
|Hair transplant||$250 - $4300|
|Rhinoplasty (nose job)||$1750 - $7000|
|Liposuction||$720 - $11100|
|Breast augmentation||$2300 - $9000|
|In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)||$2100 - $8000|
|PET/CT||$500 - $1300|
|Basic check-up||$30 - $550|
|Male Check-up||$200 - $1500|
|Ultrasound||$30 - $350|
|Female check-up||$330 - $1500|
Popular Directions for Treatment in Turkey
Highly rated clinics in Turkey
The hospitals ranking is based on 2327 requests, 1086 patient reviews, prices, and information from 144 clinics
DiseasesAlopecia Gynaecomastia Acute lymphoblastic leukemia Pancreatic cancer Leukemia Prostate cancer Brain tumor Scoliosis Uterine fibroids Hemorrhoids
What is Bookimed?
Common procedures in TurkeyHair transplant Rhinoplasty (nose job) Liposuction Breast augmentation Basic check-up Ultrasound
The Best Doctors in Turkey, online medical advice
Information about doctors who accept foreign patients is provided by clinics
- Effective prices
- Customer care support 24/7
- Patient reviews
Reviews about Clinics in Turkey by Bookimed Patients
1320 positive reviews on treatment in Turkey
152 negative reviews on treatment in Turkey
FAQ about treatment in Turkey
What should you know about treatment in Turkish hospitals?
- Treatment in Turkey has become popular in the recent 10 years. The country is included in the list of Top 5 medical tourism leaders according to the International Medical Travel Journal — 1 mln international patients visit Turkey each year.
- Treatment of cancer, heart and blood vessel disease, joint disorders, neurosurgery, in vitro fertilization (IVF), dental treatment and plastic surgery are the key specialties of clinics in Turkey.
- Due to the US government support and investment, top hospitals in Turkey use the latest equipment. According to Medical Tourism Magazine, the country has invested $30 billion in healthcare development.
- The state has the biggest number of JCI-accredited clinics — 34. This means that Turkish hospitals meet the strict criteria of the Joint Commission International for the medical services quality and safety.
- Turkey offers affordable treatment — 50% lower prices without quality loss in contrast with the US and European medical centers.
What are the advantages of treatment in Turkey?
Among the most significant advantages of the best Turkish hospitals are:
- world-class treatment according to international protocols
- reasonable prices — cost of medical treatment in Turkey is up to 50% lower than in the US and European healthcare facilities
- high doctors’ experience
- excellent and affordable services
- an opportunity to combine vacation and therapy
- no language barrier as most medical staff speaks English.
What is the level of healthcare in the country?
Healthcare is the key development sector of the Turkish government. The Turkish authorities are convinced that care for the citizens' health should be an absolute priority of state policy and spend about 77 billion liras for healthcare annually.
As a result, 28,000 medical facilities provide excellent medical care in the country. About 50 centers have a certificate of JCI (Joint Commission International), the international improver of healthcare quality and safety across the globe. The index of certificates obtained is the largest. To compare, Israel has 20 JCI-accredited facilities, and Germany — only 10 clinics of this type.
What diseases are successfully treated in the country?
Most often, international patients choose Turkish clinics for:
- hair transplant
- plastic surgery
- cancer treatment
- cerebral palsy therapy
- in vitro fertilization (IVF)
- orthopedic diseases treatment
- dental care.
How to go for treatment to the best clinic in Turkey?
- Choose a clinic. Bookimed listing below presents the best clinics in Turkey that meet international standards. Not sure which one to choose? — Leave a request on the website and Bookimed medical coordinator will select options according to your needs and preferences.
- Prepare medical records. The selected clinic will provide you with a preliminary program of procedures with prices so that you can calculate your travel budget in advance. To develop an individual treatment program, records and test results are needed. If the proposed program suits you, we will arrange a trip, if you want to consider other options, we will search for another option for you.
- Schedule your trip. Bookimed medical coordinator will arrange an appointment on your chosen dates.
- Prepare documents for entry into the country. Residents of some countries need a visa to visit Turkey. Check the rules of entry in your particular case here.
When can I get treatment in Turkey?
Bookimed can arrange your trip as soon as possible. Most Turkish clinics give an answer within 3-5 days, in emergency cases within 1-3 days.
Do I need to translate documents into Turkish?
In 90% of cases, Turkish hospitals do not require translation of medical records into Turkish. If the patient has documents in other languages (not English), specialists may ask to translate them into English or Turkish.
Can you combine treatment in Turkey and vacation?
Yes, a lot of patients combine their vacation and treatment in Turkey. If you do not need in-hospital stay or come for diagnostics, you can order a personal guide or join a tourist group. So you will visit the sights of the city where you undergo procedures and get acquainted with the culture of the country.
After discharge from the clinic, you can get spa procedures to speed up your recovery period and have a good rest. Leave a request on the site to get a consultation.
If you want to combine vacation and treatment in Turkey, make sure that you have no contraindications for climate change, etc. Specify this info with your doctor.
What about accommodation during the medical trip?
Diagnostics is almost always carried out on an outpatient basis, so hospitalization is not required. The exception is the patient’s serious condition that involves medical examinations under sedation (medical sleep).
Treatment may be conducted on both outpatient and inpatient basis. Surgery and emergency care, radiation therapy or chemo are performed on an inpatient basis when the patient needs to stay in hospital for some time.
In case of some plastic surgeries or dental care, there is no need to stay in a clinic. However, follow-up is required after any type of therapy. So patients usually stay in hotels that offer discounts for clinic’s patients.
How much do diagnostics and treatment in Turkey cost?
According to Bookimed internal stats, the cost of diagnostic procedures and treatment in the best Turkish hospitals are 30–40% lower than in Israel, Germany or the USA. In some clinics, the cost of seeing a doctor and therapy in Turkey is even 50% cheaper than in European or American clinics without any quality loss.
Prices of diagnosis and treatment depends on the type and number of procedures and the price policy of a particular clinic. You will receive a preliminary price calculation for your case by leaving a request on the site.
Medical coordinators consult you and help to make the right choice. Bookimed services are free for you and do not affect the clinic's bill.