Seoul National University Hospital (SNUH)
Seoul National University Hospital (SNUH) is the leading multidisciplinary state facility in the capital of South Korea. The President of the country receives treatment here.
Since 2004, SNUH has been digitalized completely — all data about patients is stored in the electronic system.
The hospital shows the highest statistics for cancer treatment in South Korea. Other SNUH key specialties are neurosurgery, cardiovascular surgery, pediatrics, and organ transplant.
Seoul University Hospital serves 10,700 patients every day on average.
The cost is individual for each treatment program. To get a cost estimate and treatment program right for you, submit a request. It’s free and doesn’t oblige you to have a medical trip.
Had a great experience here. Staff spoke good english. Organized and clean.
One of the sh*ttiest hospital ever. If you are foreigner, even International Healthcare center can’t help you. Take Korean person with you or else they make you run from one place to another and anyway at the end you will end with zero effort. I just waste my time and money in that hospital. They really don’t care about your health situation. They only can make you run.
The front desk needs more trainingVery rude. Hang up the phone before I finished it. I would not recommend to anyone.
Not a fan of this place. I've been here 5 times, and every time has been a terrible experience.
Advisable hospital very professional
because I love any place in korea
Everyone spoke English and I was helped through the whole system by a volunteer who spoke English and Korean. I would have been lost otherwise. It is a bit expensive though.
Seoul National University Hospital was established in 1989. Korea university hospital consists of the main hospital, children's hospital, cancer center, and scientific research center.
SNUH is located in Seoul, 20 km far away from the Gimpo International Airport.
Advantages of Seoul National University Hospital
- IT-hopital. All data about the patient's health condition is stored in the SNUH database. It is available only for a doctor in charge. This allows avoiding medical errors while prescribing drugs and treatment. Due to the use of the intellectual system, patients or their accompanying person can control the treatment process, check the tests and procedures scheduled.
- High treatment success rates. Seoul University Hospital shows one of the highest success rates of therapy in South Korea. According to SNUH data. The survival index after the pancreas removal and duodenum is 99%, the effectiveness of brain tumor treatment after radiosurgery is 90%.
- Seoul Hospital Department for foreigners. The employees of the International Department coordinate each patient at all steps of treatment and provide language assistance in English, Chinese, Mongolian, Arabic, Spanish, and Russian. About 30,000 patients from 80 countries choose SNUH annually.
SNUH awards and achievements
The best hospital in Korea
Seoul University Hospital took the 1st place among other Korean medical centers according to the patients survey in 2018.
The 1st accredited hospital in South Korea
Seoul National University Hospital is the 1st in the country accredited by the Korean Government.
Seoul National University Hospital in figures
Seoul National University Cancer Hospital
SNUH Cancer Center consists of 15 departments and 9 multidisciplinary centers. Each department specializes in diagnostics and treatment of specific diseases.
Scientists develop new drugs and treatment options at the SNUH Cancer Center. About 150 clinical trials were performed in 2018.
Cancer Center Statistics
- 700 surgical and 600 radiosurgical operations for brain tumors treatment annually.
- 1,200 breast tumors removal surgeries every year.
- 900 operations for stomach cancer treatment per year.
- 1,000 liver transplants since 1988.
- 390 pancreatic and biliary tract cancer surgeries annually.
Success rates of cancer treatment
The survival rate after breast cancer treatment in Seoul National University Hospital is 91.9%. According to the SNUH data, this index is higher than average survival rate in the US hospitals (89.2%).
✔ 86.5% of cases the anus is preserved after removal of the large intestine tumor. For comparison, the Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (USA), top one within the country, shows 57% preservation rate.
✔ 65.4% patients do not face complications after the pancreas and duodenum removal. The survival rate after the intervention is 99%.
✔ In case of progressive laryngeal cancer, doctors preserve the patient's organ in 70% of cases. This is one of the highest indexes in the world.
✔ The success rate of the prostate cancer surgery is 96.6%.
Onco-Hematology Center at SNUH
Doctors of Seoul University Hospital specialize in benign and malignant blood diseases — leukemia, multiple myeloma, lymphoma, anemia, hemophilia.
The bone marrow transplant is performed at the center. Doctors perform the procedure for patients with blood forming abnormalities.
☑ Over 1,800 bone marrow transplant procedures have been performed. 1,000 of them are allogeneic (with donor cells), and 800 — autologous (with own cells).
The team of oncologists discuss a patient's diagnosis, Seoul National University Hospital
The SNUH Neurosurgery Department has been working since 1957. Doctors specialize in the treatment of vessel diseases, brain tumors, spine pathologies.
☑ 3,800 neurosurgical interventions are carried out here annually. This Neurosurgery Department is the leading one in Korea regarding the number of surgeries and scientific publications (over 70 per year).
The GammaKnife Center works on the Neurosurgery Department premises. Doctors treat patients with direct irradiation, without skull openning or any other interventions. The Department is equipped with the latest GammaKnife device, which minimally affects the healthy tissues and reduces the risk of side effects.
☑ 90% is the success rate of radiotherapy according to the Seoul University Hospital data.
700 patients receive treatment with GammaKnife at SNUH annually.
Cardiovascular Surgery Department
The Cardiovascular Surgery Department has been working since 1968. It specializes in the heart and lung diseases treatment
The team of cardiac surgeons consists of 11 professors and 4 doctors.
☑ 2,500 cardiac surgeries are carried out every year. Heart bypass and cardiac valves surgeries are the most frequent.
Services at SNUH for international patients
The Department was established in 1999 to coordinate international patients. It assists medical tourists 24/7.
The employees of the center speak English, Russian, Arabic, Chinese, Mongolic, Spanish.
- medical interpreter
- accompanying during tests and procedures.
Cantine, Seoul National University Hospital
The hospital is ready to study medical records in the following languages:
What specialties in the hospital are the most demanded?
What treatments do patients most often ask for?
Slow connection. Wait for the end of loading to send a request.
- We find a medical coordinator familiar with the matter
- You get a personal offer with step-by-step guide and the cost estimate
- We arrange your travel including appointment scheduling and flights booking
- You arrive at the hospital, we support you 24/7