Very impressive service
Sikarin Hospital is a top Thai medical center located in Bangkok. The hospital is oriented to serve international patients. The level of service is one of the best in the capital.
Plastic surgery, orthopedics, gastroenterology, heart surgery are the major Sikarin specialties.
Patients from Australia, New Zealand, the Middle East, and Asia come here for treatment.
Last price update — 04.12.2019. Prices can be changed depending on the medical case and doctor's recommendations.
How it works
Bookimed is an independent patient experience sharing platform. We are not responsible for objectivity of information in patient reviews — they represent the opinion of reviewers only.
A review is provided only by patients or their accompanying caregivers who have booked/visited the medical center via Bookimed.com, have been diagnosed/treated.
We publish both positive and negative reviews. Every review is moderated for compliance with Reviews&Comments Policy.
Bookimed partner hospitals cannot publish reviews on behalf of patients. We exclude any artificial rise/drop in the ranking.
I highly recommend this hospital and very much satisfied with the services. From giving us transportation facilities to assisting us in every way possible. The doctors and assistants took care of our every concern and was very much polite in their behaviour. Specially thanks to Mr. Ernie Roy Valencia for taking such care of us.
The international coordination team have been very supportive. Very good service. And the doctors were also amazing. They deserve a 5 star from me!
Bad service, waiting time over 2 hours for the doctor even though I called the day before. I told the staff many times I had to be back at work but there was no regard for my request. I also had to ask this girl that was following me around to be a bit more discreet, but it was just a waste of time. I know in Thailand privacy doesn’t mean much but having me walk around with urine cup outside where everyone was sitting made me not feel good about myself.
Modern hospital with good facilities. All staff are well trained, and the quality of care is excellent. Highly recommended.
Been there recently for brain tumor removal for my dad, was welcomed by International Team Mr. Ernie, then consulted with Dr. Ittipon, my dad was almost dead unable to walk or talk when we went there but 2 days later he could stand on his feet thanks to the Dr and the entire team. The cost was 60% less then other major hospitals. Highly recommended.
Hospital accreditations of quality
Date of content creation: 01.08.2019 · Last update: 23.12.2019 info
Sikarin Hospital was founded in 1993. It is located a 30-minute drive from Suvarnabhumi (Bangkok) Airport.
The hospital includes 17 specialized centers which daily receive about 700 patients.
Why do patients choose Sikarin Hospital?
- Modern medical equipment. The center is equipped with a 128-slice CT device to exam abnormalities in the brain, blood vessels, lungs, intestines and other organs, an MRI device, and a mammography machine. The hospital has a cardiac catheterization laboratory to provide diagnostics of cardiovascular diseases.
- Psychological comfort. Sikarin has developed its own medical personnel policy. It aims to build sincerity and trust in communicating with patients.
- Additional services. Free transfer between the airport and the clinic for foreigners. Free language assistance for Arabic-, Chinese-, English-, French-, Japanese-speaking patients.
Sikarin Hospital Plastic Surgery
Sikarin aesthetic team performs all types of operations to improve patients' appearance. Among the procedures are:
- Facial: blepharoplasty, rhinoplasty, nostrils correction, dimple creation surgery, lip lift, chin plastic, ear correction, face and neck lift.
- Body: Vaser ultrasound liposuction — the safest method for removing excess fat so far, tummy tuck, lumbar lipectomy (removing drooping skin and excess fat from the lower abdomen, thighs, and back), breast augmentation, breast reduction, breast lift, implant removal, nipple, and areola correction.
Orthopedic specialists in Sikarin Hospital specialize in the musculoskeletal system and spine diseases treatment, specifically:
- back and muscle pain
- sports injuries
- hip and knee disorders
- spine diseases and injuries
- bone tumors.
Knee and hip joints replacement
Doctors install an endoprosthesis made of metal and plastic. The metal part is hypoallergenic and doesn't cause rejection. The plastic part provides sliding and proper joint functioning.
During the operation, doctors use a computer navigation system. It makes the implanting maximally accurate. A patient with prosthesis doesn't feel any discomfort when moving or walking.
On average, a patient stays 3-4 weeks in the country to have all diagnostic tests, surgery, and rehabilitation.
Doctors in the Gastroenterological Department treat patients with diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, liver, and pancreas.
The clinic applies a modern method of capsular endoscopy. It is a technique of examining the gastrointestinal tract using a small tablet that the patient swallows instead of a standard gastric catheter (a thin tube). This way of procedure performing allows a patient not feeling any discomfort.
The center was opened in 2015. It has a modern operating room and cardiac catheterization laboratory.
Doctors specialize in endovascular interventions — procedures performed with a catheter which is inserted into the artery. The operation does not require incisions and extended hospitalization.
Cardiac specialists carry out the following procedures:
- angioplasty (opening narrowed or blocked blood vessels and stent installing)
- heart valve replacement
- heart pacemaker surgery.
International patients stay in single rooms with a shower, TV, medical bed, and a sofa for an accompanying person.
What specialties in the hospital are the most demanded?
What treatments do patients most often ask for?
What procedures do patients have most often?
Slow connection. Wait for the end of loading to send a request.
- We find a medical coordinator familiar with the matter
- You get a personal offer with step-by-step guide and the cost estimate
- We arrange your travel including appointment scheduling and flights booking
- You arrive at the hospital, we support you 24/7