How much does cervical cancer diagnostic and treatment procedures cost in Israel?
Prices for cervical cancer diagnostic and treatment procedures in Israel in 2021
- Below average
- Above average
Diagnosis + Surgery at Helios Krefeld
Basic Diagnosis for Cervical Cancer
Uterine Cancer | Radical hysterectomy and Lymphadenectomy
Best Medical Equipment for Cervical cancer Treatment and Diagnosis in Israel
Da Vinci Robotic Surgery System
The system provides a surgeon with precise tiny instruments to manage surgery with maximal safety and accuracy. A surgeon manipulates on a special console, observing the operated area on 3D images in real-time. The tiny instruments make accurate incisions excluding the “trembling hand” effect and wrong movements.
Da Vinci robotic system is used as an alternative to open surgery to reduce pain, bleeding, minimize risks of infection and trauma of healthy tissues. An operation is performed through several 1cm incisions, not a big one 15 cm in size as for open surgery. Due to this, a patient recovers faster compared to traditional surgery: within 2-3 weeks instead of several months.
The study shows that 93.8% is a 3-year survival rate for patients who experience minimally-invasive or robotic surgeries for hysterectomy. 25% of patients reported complications of different severity.
from $24000 in Israel
CyberKnife is a robotic device to perform radiosurgery with precise radiation delivery to the organs affected with benign and malignant tumors.
This method allows destroying tumors without incisions and pain; it is frequently used as an alternative to surgery when neoplasms are hard to reach or cannot be operated. The radiation is directed accurately, so it does not affect healthy tissues or organs. Treatment with CyberKnife is an outpatient procedure: just after a session (it lasts about 30-90 minutes), a patient can return home and their everyday activities.
A group of 5 patients with cervical cancer aged between 64-84 years was involved in the research. They had surgery, CyberKnife therapy, and chemotherapy. The medium duration of the follow-up was 12 months. 3 women achieved complete remission, 2 of them — partial remission, and 1 experienced a disease progression.
from $18000 in Israel
Highly rated Oncology clinics for Cervical cancer treatment in Israel
The hospitals ranking is based on 662 requests, 189 patient reviews, prices, and information from 11 clinics
What is Bookimed?
The Best Cervical Cancer Doctors in Israel
Information about doctors who accept foreign patients is provided by clinics
Request for details
Request for details
Request for details
- Effective prices
- Customer care support 24/7
- Patient reviews
Reviews of patients treated for Cervical cancer in Israel
2 positive reviews on cervical cancer treatment at Israel
1 negative reviews on cervical cancer treatment at Israel
FAQ about Cervical cancer in Israel
Treatment of cervical cancer in Israel
Cervical cancer is one of the most wide spread oncologic diseases of women. It is second in prevalence to breast cancer and takes almost 15% of cases of the oncologic diseases of reproductive systems. The cancer affects the lower part of uterus. Most often, the women of the age of 35-39 and 60-64 years old suffer from such cancer. The disease may occur in two forms: 80-90% of cases is the squamous cell carcinoma; the other cases are taken by adenocarcinoma. The significant increase of the number of patients suffering this disease has been observed recently, i.e. from 37% to 47%.
Diagnostics of cervical cancer in Israel
Comprehensive diagnostics of disease in the leading Israeli hospitals is held in three main phases.
The first phase allows detecting the disease and includes the following diagnostic procedures:
- A thorough gynecological examination of the cervix providing the opportunity to suspect the disease by appearance of mucosa. If any pathologies occur, they can be spread and cause the ulceration.
- Extended colposcopy, i.e. cervix examination by colposcope, a device providing from 7.5 to 40 times zoom of the image. Such examination allows getting the indirect evidence of pathology, both in the primary and in the later period.
- Blood testing for tumor markers. The increased indicator of squamous cell carcinoma antigen in the blood serum can be the evidence of the possible development of disease.
- Cytological examination, i.e. the testing of condition of cells on the cervix surface, taken by smear.
- Biopsy can play the decisive role while the diagnosis sets up, i.e. study of the cervix sample, taken by the special tools. Israeli hospitals exclude the complications of the biopsy, which is held without any pain.
If the cervical cancer is confirmed, Israeli experts appoint the next phase of examinations. It includes the following diagnostic procedures:
- Pelvic ultrasound. It allows the estimation of upcoming surgery scale and spread of oncologic process in the neighboring organs to tumor. CT of these organs may be held to clarify the results.
- Intravenous urography is held to estimate the functioning of kidneys.
- Cystoscopy is appointed to find out the tumor affection of the bladder, and rectoscopy to detect this in the rectum.
Data received provide the idea of the stage of affection of the neighboring organs to disease hearths.
The metastases at the remote sites of the organism are detected at the latest phase by abdominal ultrasound and chest X-ray.
Treatment methods of cervical cancer in Israel
Various kinds of procedures are applied for disease treatment, which selection depends on disease spread and its stage. If the cancer is detected at the early stages, Israeli doctors strive both to its destruction and to preservation of fertility functions of the patient by the following methods:
- Cryosurgery, i.e. removal of the affected sites by substances of low temperature
- Laser surgery, i.e. burning the cancer cells by laser beam directed through vagina
- Loop excision, i.e. removal of the tumor by a hot thin wire
- Brachytherapy, i.e. administration of the radioactive substances directly into affected organ for irradiation
When the cancer is of mid-stage, the uterus and affected lymph nodes are removed. The sparing methods are usually applied during such a surgery held in Israel:
- Uterus removal through vagina by laparoscope, i.e. optical tool for high-precision surgery
- Removal by robotic surgical system
Methods of chemo- and radiotherapy are applied at the latter stages, i.e. 3rd and 4th.
Cancer removal, i.e. cryosurgery, laser surgery, brachytherapy.
Uterus and affected lymph nodes removal, i.e. laparoscopic and robotic.
Uterus removal. Chemo- and radiotherapy.
Uterus removal. Chemo- and radiotherapy. Palliative therapy.
Rehabilitation and prevention of cervical cancer complications
Rehabilitation program at Israeli hospitals is developed individually for each patient and has a comprehensive nature. For instance, hormonal therapy is frequently applied while the ovaries removal; removed vagina is recovered by the methods of intimate plastic surgery. Peculiar attention during the rehabilitation is paid to the balanced nutrition and special physical exercises. Psychologists work with the patients on a regular basis, whose objective is to take back the women to normal life.
It is important to follow strictly the doctor’s recommendations in order to prevent the complications after cervical cancer. They usually deal with the constant monitoring of the immune system, physical activity exclusion, as well as preventing medical check-up from 3 to 4 times per annum.
Many women were brought both to normal life, and to give birth to healthy children after the rehabilitation.
|Basic Diagnosis for Cervical Cancer||from 943$||-||-|
Medical coordinators consult you and help to make the right choice. Bookimed services are free for you and do not affect the clinic's bill.