I want to thank from the bottom of my heart your company, and in particular a very competent and qualified coordinator-Soyak Alionu for help and advice provided in the process of selecting and treating liver melanoma. Having chosen the country of India and the Global Hospital, we received a consultation and made a diagnosis, thanks to which the oncologist, our doctor, picked up an innovative drug that gave us hope for recovery. We have a diagnosis of grade 4 melanoma of the liver and lung. After returning from India, we undergo further treatment in Ukraine. Believe miracles happen, do not miss your chance, contact Bookimed and they will do their best that you are healthy. RS We are very grateful to Alyona, for helping us in everything from uploading documents to the site and ending with the purchase of tickets for the plane. She worked with us 24 hours a day and if not for her help with our medicine in Ukraine there would be no hope.
BGS Gleneagles Global Hospital
BGS Global Hospital is a private multidisciplinary hospital in Bangalore, India, specialized in oncology, neurosurgery, and hepatology. For cancer treatment, this hospital uses the last version of radiotherapy equipment, such as TrueBeam STx that accurately irradiates a tumor even in hard-to-reach areas.
Annually, Global Hospital Bengaluru gives treatment for over 53,000 patients. Doctors of this hospital have performed more than 30,000 operations.
Last price update — 23.09.2019. Prices can be changed depending on the medical case and doctor's recommendations.
How it works
Bookimed is an independent patient experience sharing platform. We are not responsible for objectivity of information in patient reviews — they represent the opinion of reviewers only.
A review is provided only by patients or their accompanying caregivers who have booked/visited the medical center via Bookimed.com, have been diagnosed/treated.
We publish both positive and negative reviews. Every review is moderated for compliance with Reviews&Comments Policy.
Bookimed partner hospitals cannot publish reviews on behalf of patients. We exclude any artificial rise/drop in the ranking.
The information on this page is provided by the hospital according to Bookimed Terms of Service · Date of content creation: 12.09.2018 · Last update: 12.04.2019
Global Hospital in Bangalore was founded in 2008. It is one of seven centers in Gleneagles Global Hospitals chain, providing treatment for 2 million patients per year. This medical institution is situated in Bangalore, a few kilometers from the international airport. Nowadays, other centers of this chain are presented in Chennai, Mumbai, and Hyderabad.
Main advantages of BGS Global Hospital Bangalore
- The cost of treatment is lower at 30% than in Germany, Israel, and the USA. It is explained by the economic policy in India – medical equipment and pharmaceutical drugs are cheaper here than in mentioned countries.
- The hospital uses advanced technological equipment, for example, the newest installation for radiotherapy TrueBeam STx. There are also 14 modern surgery rooms, where the doctors perform open surgery and minimally invasive operations through a small incision or natural ostium for lower pain, less risk of infections and scarring.
- Most foreign patients choose BGS Hospital Kengeri, Bangalore for medical tourism. The hospital employees help foreigners pass all diagnostic and treatment steps and provide interpreter and transfer services if required.
- At Gleneagles the doctors use Spyglass direct visualization system for treating bile duct and liver diseases without surgical interference – it consists of integrated SpyScope and Delivery Catheter helping to receive superior imaging of the liver or bile duct problem to make correct treatment plan.
Global Hospital Bangalore in figures
Certificates and rewards of medical center
The hospital has received this certificate for international standards compliance from the National Accreditation Board for Hospitals in India (NABH). It is a standard approving high quality of hospital services in India.
National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories (NABL) in India is an autonomous authority, responsible for laboratories evaluation. For accreditation, all laboratories must be legally identified and appropriately registered. BGS Hospital in Kengeri, Bangalore has received a certificate from NABL for high accuracy of the laboratory test results and advanced equipment quality.
- It is the first hospital in Karnataka state, where doctors have performed liver and kidney transplantation simultaneously. BGS Global Hospital is the only institution in Karnataka with a special dedicated liver intensive care unit (ICU) where all forms of advanced liver diseases can be managed due to highly skilled liver transplant surgeons.
- Global Hospital Bengaluru doctors were also the first in Karnataka, who have successfully accomplished kidney and pancreas transplantation simultaneously.
- The biggest number of knee joint replacement surgeries were conducted in Karnataka.
The doctors are specialized in treatment of such diseases as:
- liver cancer
- lung cancer
- malignant breast tumors
- stomach cancer
- brain tumors
- blood cancer.
The department team consists of oncologists, hematologists (specialists in blood diseases treatment), radiologists, nutrition specialists.
Every year, 2,000 cancer patients get the treatment in BGS Global Hospital in Kengeri, Bangalore.
Most patients with cancer receive radiotherapy. The ionizing radiation destroys cancer cells and prevents their growth. Radiotherapy has temporal side effects such as skin dryness, itch, and blisters. After such a procedure, nausea and vomiting can appear.
To decrease the risk of side effects, doctors use modern installations and methods of radiotherapy, including:
- Three-dimensional stereotactic surgery. This method is developed specially for brain tumor treatment to avoid healthy brain cells damaging. The system uses combined CT and MR images and affects the malignant cells only.
- IGRT – image-guided radiation therapy. It is used for treatment of moving tumors in the lungs and stomach cancer. During radiotherapy, a special linear accelerator adjusts to the patient’s breath and destroys the tumor. The negative impact on neighbor cells is minimal.
- IMRT– intensity-modulated radiation therapy. That is an advanced radiotherapy affecting the tumor with high radiation doses. Due to high intensity, the radiation procedures go faster. In comparison to a standard radiation treatment, a patient has fewer sessions and recovers faster.
- TrueBeam STx is an advanced medical linear accelerator for radiotherapy. It effectively irradiates a new formation. This device makes possible to affect moving tumors and formations hard to reach.
Operating theatre, BGS Global Hospital in Bangalore
The doctors of this department are specialized in diseases of the brain, spinal cord, and spine bone. They treat such pathologies:
- brain tumor
- a cerebral aneurysm (dilated arteries)
- hydrocephal (water on the brain)
- spinal disc herniation
- head trauma.
Annually, the department team performs 1,000 operations.
The Institution of Neurosciences functions on the premises of the Neurosurgery Department. The specialists provide deep brain stimulation, that helps patients with Parkinson’s disease to decrease trembling in the limbs, restore speech and coordination.
Doctors in this Department are specialized in medication and surgical treatment of liver diseases. The specialists of this unit treat the following diagnosis:
- A, B, C hepatitis
- yellow disease
- cirrhosis of the liver
- liver cancer
- fatty liver disease.
That is a surgical treatment for malignant liver diseases. The operation is accomplished under general anesthesia and takes 2-5 hours. Doctors remove the affected part of the organ and neighboring tissue. Eventually, the healthy part of the liver recovers and comes back to its ordinary size.
Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
The procedure is carried out to treat diseases of the bile and pancreatic ducts. A doctor uses an endoscope, a thin flexible tube that is inserted through the esophagus under X-ray control. Using an endoscope, the doctor installs a stent to dilate the bile ducts or remove gallstones. Due to the absence of incisions, a patient recovers within 1 day.
ICU in BGS Global Hospital, India
Services for foreign patients
Visa and transfer
- Patients and their companions, who need visas, receive a medical invitation from the hospital
- The hospital provides transfer service from the airport to hospital or hotel.
Patients stay in a private or semi-private ward equipped with TV set and Wi-Fi.
The hospital provides the interpreting service for a patient, if required.
Semi-private room in Global Hospital Bangalore
Slow connection. Wait for the end of loading to send a request.
- We find a medical coordinator familiar with the matter
- You get a personal offer with step-by-step guide and the cost estimate
- We arrange your travel including appointment scheduling and flights booking
- You arrive at the hospital, we support you 24/7