The average cost of the consultation is $230. The lowest price is $20 and the highest — $850.
Basic evaluation program for Skin Cancer
Medical procedures Included
24/7 Bookimed assistance
Personal medical coordinator
Medical travel arrangements — booking of air tickets and hotel rooms at special partner prices
Patient advocacy during a medical travel
Highly rated Oncology clinics for Basalioma Treatment
The hospitals ranking is based on 3904 requests, 624 patient reviews, prices, and information from 107 clinics
What is Bookimed?
Common proceduresMohs microsurgery
Best Basalioma Doctors, online doctor's consultation
Information about doctors who accept foreign patients is provided by clinics
Request for details
Request for details
- Effective prices
- Customer care support 24/7
- Patient reviews
Reviews of patients treated for Basalioma
FAQ about Basalioma Treatment
Basal-cell carcinoma (BCC) treatment
The choice of treatment depends on the stage of basal-cell carcinoma and the location of the tumor.
To remove basal cells at the initial stage oncosurgeons resort to such methods as:
- Cryotherapy is used at the initial stages (Tis, stage 1A-B) of the disease. The advantages of the method are its speed and painless (due to the low temperature). Cryolysis does not leave any traces - tissues are recovered well;
- Laser therapy – medical laser carefully cuts the formation. The method is accompanied by minimal damage to healthy tissues;
- Surgical excision of the tumor. Basal cell carcinomas can deepen in the tissue, that is why surgical method is considered as the safest (the low risk of recurrence) – the doctor can always expand the surgery. It is applicable starting with stage 2A of the disease;
- Beam therapy is used in combination with surgical excision of the tumor. The method can prevent the recurrence of the disease (the cells' ability to division is inhibited).
Beginning with the stage 2, basal-cell cancer is treated with:
- Excision (resection);
- Microsurgical operation (Mohs surgery).
In case of recurrent basal cell carcinoma, the drug Erivedge (Vismodegib) is prescribed.
Medical coordinators consult you and help to make the right choice. Bookimed services are free for you and do not affect the clinic's bill.