How much does prostatectomy cost ?
The average price of prostatectomy is $11400, the minimum price is $3000, and the maximum price is $27000.
Highly rated Prostatectomy clinics by real patients
The hospitals ranking is based on 4342 requests, 652 patient reviews, prices, and information from 86 clinics
Common proceduresRobotic da Vinci prostatectomy
What is Bookimed?
Best Prostatectomy Doctors
Information about doctors who accept foreign patients is provided by clinics
Request for details
- Effective prices
- Customer care support 24/7
- Patient reviews
Prostatectomy Patient Reviews by Bookimed patients
8 positive reviews on prostatectomy
FAQ about Prostatectomy
When is prostatectomy indicated?
- the patients' age over 70 years
- cardiovascular disorders
- taking medicines which influence the blood coagulability.
What are the types of prostate surgery?
There are such types of surgical treatment for prostate cancer:
- Open prostatectomy. A doctor removes the prostate gland together with the urinary tract, seminal vesicle, and lymph nodes. The operation is performed through the 12 cm incision in the abdomen. The disorder of erectile and urinating functions are quite often observed after this prostate removal type.
- Laparoscopic prostatectomy. A doctor makes 3-6 incisions small on the abdominal wall and places the optic system inside. It illuminates the surgery area and transmits the image on the screen to control operation. This prostatectomy type is less traumatic compared to the open: a patient recovers faster, the urinating and erectile function are preserved in most of the cases.
- Da Vinci prostatectomy. The surgery is assisted with Da Vinci robot. Due to this, the operation is low traumatic and accurate. The robot stabilizes the doctor’s movements and makes them precise. Such a prostatectomy is performed through 1-2 cm incisions. 90% of patients after robotic prostatectomy preserve the urinating and erectile functions.
The prostatectomy cost depends on its type. The open prostate removal is usually the cheapest one.
How is prostate removal performed?
The prostatectomy includes such steps:
- Preparation for prostatectomy
It includes medical survey, urine and blood tests, X-ray, ECG, Ultrasound, CT.
- Prostatectomy process
A patient is under general anesthesia. Depending on the prostate surgery type, a doctor makes incisions and removes the gland. The duration of the procedure is 2-4 hours. Then a patient stays in a hospital for 3-5 days. After prostatectomy a doctor places the catheter to withdraw the urine. It is taken off in 7-14 days.
- Postoperative recovery
Its duration depends on the prostatectomy type. A patient needs to keep diet, take antibiotics and painkillers. In 7 days after the surgery, a doctor removes stitches. In 1 month a patient can return to work, in 2 months — to physical activity.
What affects cost of prostate removal surgery?
The cost of prostatectomy is affected by the following factors:
- The location of the hospital. The prostate cancer surgery cost in Indian hospitals is about 1.5-2 times cheaper than in Turkish or Czech ones. South Korean and German or Spanish hospitals offer 2 times higher price than Turkish medical facilities. The cost difference is explained by the price policy within countries. The quality and effectiveness of prostatectomy remain at about the same high level.
- Type of the prostate gland removal. The robotic-assisted prostatectomy is 20-30% higher than the open or laparoscopic prostate removal surgery.
- Doctor's experience. Specialists who have been performing prostatectomies for decades, have international certificates, and patients' positive reviews can ask for a higher fee. It affects a prostatectomy cost.
What does prostatectomy cost include?
The cost of prostatectomy usually include:
- the prostate surgery itself
- doctor's fee
In most of the cases, such services as a transfer, language assistance (if necessary), extra-consultations with a doctor are paid additionally.
How to get a personalized prostate surgery cost?
- Fill out a form on the Bookimed website describing your medical issue.
- Our manager will call you back to answer all questions and discuss the best hospitals/doctors for prostatectomy.
- Send your medical records and then receive a cost estimate of prostatectomy in your case.
- If you agree with the bill, a Bookimed manager schedules the date of surgery in the chosen hospital.
Bookimed services are free for a patient.
Medical coordinators consult you and help to make the right choice. Bookimed services are free for you and do not affect the clinic's bill.