How much does colon cancer diagnostic and treatment procedures cost ?
Prices for colon cancer diagnostic and treatment procedures in 2021
- Below average
- Above average
Best Medical Equipment for Colon cancer Treatment and Diagnosis
Da Vinci Robotic Surgery System
The system provides a surgeon with precise tiny instruments to manage surgery with maximal safety and accuracy. A surgeon manipulates on a special console, observing the operated area on 3D images in real-time. The tiny instruments make accurate incisions excluding the “trembling hand” effect and wrong movements.
Da Vinci robotic system is used as an alternative to open surgery to reduce pain, bleeding, minimize risks of infection and trauma of healthy tissues. An operation is performed through several 1cm incisions, not a big one 15 cm in size as for open surgery. Due to this, a patient recovers faster compared to traditional surgery: within 2-3 weeks instead of several months.
According to the study data, no deaths or severe complications were registered right after the robotic colectomy. The overall survival rate after surgery was 92%, a 3-year survival rate was 89%.
CyberKnife is a robotic device to perform radiosurgery with precise radiation delivery to the organs affected with benign and malignant tumors.
This method allows destroying tumors without incisions and pain; it is frequently used as an alternative to surgery when neoplasms are hard to reach or cannot be operated. The radiation is directed accurately, so it does not affect healthy tissues or organs. Treatment with CyberKnife is an outpatient procedure: just after a session (it lasts about 30-90 minutes), a patient can return home and their everyday activities.
22 patients with liver metastases caused by colorectal cancer participated in the study. The average survival rate for the examined group was 50 months. A 1-year survival rate was 100%, 2-year — 94%, 3-year — 72.5%.
NanoKnife, or irreversible electroporation (IRE), is a method to kill cancer cells in soft tissues with electric current. A procedure is performed under general anesthesia, then 2-6 needles are placed around a tumor to conduct electric current and destroy cancer tumors.
The option is considered as a new one in medicine that allows to target tumors located in hard-to-reach places. This is a surgical procedure, but no knife is used. The entire NanoKnife session lasts 45 minutes. After that, a patient stays overnight for a follow-up. No specific rehabilitation is required.
24 patients with metastases in the liver caused by colorectal cancer underwent NanoKnife treatment. After therapy, the 1-year survival rate was 100%, 3-year — 79.2%, 5-year — 41.2%.
Tomotherapy represents a type of intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT). The device combines a CT scanner and linear accelerator to deliver radiation to the tumor. In-built CT scan receives images of a tumor before each treatment session that allows to target tumors precisely.
With TomoTherapy, a tumor is affected with radiation slice-by-slice, not the entire neoplasm at once. The duration of one session is shortened: it takes several minutes, no hospital stay is necessary after the procedure. A patient can experience tiredness and appetite changes after tomotherapy.
18 patients with metastatic colorectal cancer participated in the study to analyze Tomotherapy efficacy. The medium follow-up time was 16 months. An average survival rate for all participants was 2.9 years. No cancer progression was observed in 45% of cases for 1 year and in 34% of cases for 2 years.
Highly rated Oncology clinics for Colon cancer Treatment
The hospitals ranking is based on 4347 requests, 653 patient reviews, prices, and information from 93 clinics
What is Bookimed?
Common proceduresHyperthermic Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy (HIPEC) Immunotherapy with Keytruda (Pembolizumab) CyberKnife Gastric polyps removal Da Vinci Robotic System NanoKnife Biopsy
Best Colon Cancer Doctors, online doctor's consultation
Information about doctors who accept foreign patients is provided by clinics
- Effective prices
- Customer care support 24/7
- Patient reviews
Reviews of patients treated for Colon cancer
12 positive reviews on colon cancer
3 negative reviews on colon cancer
FAQ about Colon cancer Treatment
How to pick the best hospital for colon cancer?
To choose colon cancer center for treatment, take into account such factors:
- Doctor’s qualification. The best oncologist for colon cancer must have vast experience in your disease managing, pay attention whether a specialist has got awards and certificates that confirm their expertise. Top colon cancer doctors are involved in clinical trials to develop new therapy methods.
- Innovative treatment options. Colon cancer treatment centers conduct surgeries with minimal injury rate and apply new therapies. It allows increasing patients’ quality of life and achieving a successful outcome.
- Patients’ reviews. Learn more about the real experience of people who have already undergone treatment. It helps to choose the best hospital to treat colon cancer.
Ask Bookimed manager for help if you have any difficulties in choosing the best place for colon cancer treatment.
Is colon cancer curable?
According to online healthcare portal Medicine.net, 80-95% are the survival rates for colon cancer stage 1, and 50-80% for stage 2, 40% is a survival rate for stage 3. 1-2 options are enough to treat colon cancer at early stages. More advanced stages (3-4) are harder to cure because malignant cells have reached other organs. You can find an appropriate therapy regarding your case in top 10 colon cancer hospitals listed on this page.
What treatment methods are available in top colon cancer centers?
- Surgery. Laparoscopic procedures are applied to treat patients with early stages of cancer. Such procedures cause less scarring and reduce recovery. Doctors also carry out colectomy in top colon cancer hospitals for partial or complete colon removal.
- Chemotherapy & radiotherapy. Chemo drugs and radiation therapy remain effective to treat colon cancer. Only your medical oncologist can decide what doses you require. Such therapies are often used in combination with surgery.
- Immunotherapy. This therapy is used for more severe chemoresistant tumors. The drugs stimulate the patient’s immunity to destroy cancer cells with minimal impact on healthy ones.
- Targeted therapy. Such a treatment is applied to treat the latest stages. These drugs target cancer cells without any damage to healthy ones. The therapy is more effective than traditional chemo and causes less severe side effects.
- HIPEC. That is a heated chemotherapy delivered precisely to a tumor in the abdomen. Such a therapy is used for metastatic colon cancer in the best hospital for colon cancer.
Best place for colon cancer treatment
Patients from the USA, Germany, the UK choose Turkish medical centers to treat colon cancer. Most Turkish specialists trained in the US medical facilities apply advanced treatments (immunotherapy, targeted therapy) and methods (minimally invasive techniques) for colon cancer patients. In Turkish clinics, prices are 2 times lower than in other international clinics due to the government’s price policy. The healthcare quality remains at the highest level. That’s why most Turkish hospitals are certified by international organizations as JCI (Joint Commission International), ISO (International Organization for Standardization), etc. for safe and high-quality medical care.
Most Spanish clinics develop and apply the latest techniques to treat colon cancer. For instance, Prof. Lacy de Fortuny, a leading surgical oncologist in Spain, performs minimally invasive surgeries to treat colon cancer. The hospitals in Spain comply with international healthcare standards. This means the specialists use only progressive therapies. Hospitals in Spain are accredited by international organizations for healthcare high quality and safety.
Patients from the USA and European countries pick Israel to treat colon cancer. In Israeli clinics, minimally invasive procedures are applied to treat cancer at early stages. Specialists also use immuno- and targeted therapies for difficult cases (when cancer spreads to other organs). Israeli specialists have improved their medical skills overseas and are involved in clinical trials to develop new treatment methods.
How to book a colon cancer hospital with Bookimed?
To arrange your medical trip to the best colon cancer center, follow these steps:
- Submit a request on Bookimed to pick the best hospital for your situation. Our manager will contact you shortly.
- After that, your medical documents will be sent to one of the top colon cancer centers to receive the cost estimate and available therapeutic options.
- Bookimed arranges your medical trip and provides 24/7 patient care support.
Read more about Bookimed services here. We will find the best place for colon cancer treatment together!
Medical coordinators consult you and help to make the right choice. Bookimed services are free for you and do not affect the clinic's bill.