The average treatment price is $7750.
Comprehensive diagnosis + Surgery at Helios Krefeld
24/7 Bookimed assistance
Personal medical coordinator
Medical travel arrangements — booking of air tickets and hotel rooms at special partner prices
Patient advocacy during a medical travel
Highly rated Oncology clinics for Ovarian cancer Treatment
The hospitals ranking is based on 3921 requests, 625 patient reviews, prices, and information from 98 clinics
What is Bookimed?
Common proceduresRadiation therapy for colorectal cancer Hyperthermic Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy (HIPEC)
Best Ovarian Cancer Doctors, online doctor's consultation
Information about doctors who accept foreign patients is provided by clinics
- Effective prices
- Customer care support 24/7
- Patient reviews
Reviews of patients treated for Ovarian cancer
FAQ about Ovarian cancer Treatment
Best ovarian cancer treatment options
In case of localized tumor:
- Oophorectomy is the surgical removal of an ovary.
- Salpingo-oophorectomy. It is a resection of an ovary and its fallopian tube.
- Bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy is a removal of both ovaries and both fallopian tubes.
In advanced stages:
- Total hysterectomy. It is when ovaries, fallopian tubes, and the uterus are removed.
- Debulking (cytoreduction or cytoreductive surgery) is performed in advanced stage of ovarian cancer and consists of:
- omentectomy (removal of all or part of the abdominal lining);
- lymphadenectomy (lymph nodes dissection);
- total hysterectomy (in some cases).
Ovarian cancer surgery cost
The cost of surgery for ovarian cancer depends on its type and method. For example, hysterectomy is the most expensive procedure and oophorectomy - the cheapest.
The success of surgical treatment depends on the surgeons' experience in this type of procedures.
Chemotherapy for ovarian cancer
The typical course of chemotherapy for epithelial ovarian cancer involves 3-6 cycles. Medical oncologists usually prescribe Carboplatin and Bevacizumab. Chemotherapy drugs have side effects, depending on the type of drug, the administered amount, and the length of treatment.
Also, “Higher-Dose” chemotherapy and “Dose-Dense” treatment methods can be provided. It is a rapid administration of several different chemotherapy drugs to prevent cancer cells from developing resistance.
Ovarian cancer radiation therapy
Radiotherapy is rarely used as the primary treatment for ovarian carcinoma but rather for treating areas of cancer spread. It can be of 2 types:
- external beam radiation therapy (with CyberKnife device);
- brachytherapy (implantation of radioactive materials into the tumor).
Advanced stages treatment options
It is the drugs that work on the molecular level destroying proteins that promote the growth of cancer cells. Doctors usually prescribe Bevacizumab (Avastin), Olaparib (Lynparza), Niraparib (Zejula).
- Biological Modifier therapy. It is a method aimed to enhance the body’s immune defenses.
- Monoclonal Antibodies. New generation drugs prescribed that help immune system to attack and kill the cancer cells.
This method consists of hormone-blocking drugs and is used to treat ovarian stromal tumors.
HIPEC for ovarian cancer
HIPEC (Hyperthermic Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy) is an injection of a concentrated dose of the chemo drugs (cisplatin and paclitaxel) directly into the abdominal cavity during the surgery. Intraperitoneal chemotherapy is only given to some of the women with ovarian cancer that has spread to the abdomen (advanced stages). It has severe side effects but can potentially increase survival rates. Only an oncologist can decide whether to perform this procedure or not.
Bookimed can help you book a consultation with a specialist for a second medical opinion so that you can:
- find out weather HIPEC would be right for you;
- confirm the diagnosis;
- get new treatment plan if the current one does not help;
- ask about other treatment options.
Clinical trials for ovarian cancer
To take part in these trials, a patient has to meet the particular requirements. Oncological Research Centers conduct experimental treatment. Requirments are indicated by a researcher.
Treatment options for recurrent (relapse) ovarian cancer
Approximately 1/3 of the women can experience a recurrence of cancer within 5 years after treatment. Patients with recurrent ovarian cancer can benefit from additional treatment with second-line therapy (salvage therapy) which includes another surgery and new chemotherapy regimen. Oncologists prescribe different anti-cancer drugs considering the possible benefits and potential side effects. It can be a single chemotherapy drugs or a combination of them.
There are 2 main strategies for recurrent cancer management:
- If a patient did not have a chemotherapy before — surgery and chemotherapy.
- If chemotherapy was conducted — clinical trials and re-treatment complex.
What are the best hospitals for ovarian cancer treatment?
Bookimed patients most often choose hospitals in Germany, Israel, Korea and Turkey for ovarian cancer treatment. The hospitals in these countries certified by the Joint Commission International (JCI). It provides accreditation of medical institutions regarding treatment quality and experience of medical staff.
World's best surgeons and oncologists work in these clinics providing best ovarian cancer treatment with a high level of recovery rate. They have a lot of experience in the field, many of them were educated in the USA and are current members of leading medical associations in Gynecological Oncology.
With Bookimed you can find the best hospital for ovarian cancer treatment according to your needs.
Medical coordinators consult you and help to make the right choice. Bookimed services are free for you and do not affect the clinic's bill.