The average cost of the consultation is $250. The lowest price is $20 and the highest — $860.
Highly rated Oncology clinics for Chondrosarcoma Treatment
The hospitals ranking is based on 3923 requests, 626 patient reviews, prices, and information from 79 clinics
What is Bookimed?
Common proceduresProton-beam therapy
Best Chondrosarcoma Doctors, online doctor's consultation
Information about doctors who accept foreign patients is provided by clinics
Request for details
- Effective prices
- Customer care support 24/7
- Patient reviews
Reviews of patients treated for Chondrosarcoma
FAQ about Chondrosarcoma Treatment
Diagnostics of chondrosarcoma in best world centers: methods and peculiarities
When chondrosarcoma is suspected, such methods of diagnostics are applied in the best world centers:
- X-ray examination (shows a destruction of damaged area, a bone around this area is swollen)
- CT allows seeing a three-dimensional image of the internal parts of the body
- MRI estimates the level of involvement of organs, vessels and nerve fibers
- Biopsy detects a tumor grade
- Bone scintigraphy shows all bone destructions.
Treatment of chondrosarcoma in the best world centers: methods and peculiarities
Most of chondrosarcomas are resistant to chemotherapy.The main method of treatment of chondrosarcoma is resection of primary tumor and its metastases. But in these cases chemotherapy can be effective:
- Dedifferentiated chondrosarcoma (a highly differentiated tumor that has degenerated into a malignant fibrous histiocytic or osteogenic sarcoma): this kind of tumor is sensitive to chemotherapy
- Mesenchymal chondrosarcoma (rare small-cell variant of chondrosarcoma)
A choice of method of treatment depends on the range of factors: size and location of tumor, prevalence of process, cancer stage and patient’s conditions.
Chondrosarcomas are rare, and they are treated in the specialized world centers and clinics. Best doctors usually apply radiosurgery using a system of robotic surgery GammaKnife, radiation therapy and chemotherapy.
Some world centers specialized in treatment of chondrosarcoma use tomotherapy.
In some cases, doctors are forced to resort to the amputation or hemipelvectomy.
Chondrosarcoma: prognosis and survival rate
The survival rate and prognosis for patients with chondrosarcomas can vary depending on stage of tumor, its location, metastatic process and other factors:
- Chondrosarcoma of stage 1 doesn’t spread metastases, and in case of surgical intervention the survival rate is 90%.
- Chondrosarcoma stage 2 - up to 60%.
- Chondrosarcoma stage 3 - 30%.
In case of localized chondrosarcoma 5-year survival rate is 69-72%, longer term prognosis (5-10 years) is 53-57%.
Undifferentiated chondrosarcoma has 5-year survival rate in 10% of cases.
Medical coordinators consult you and help to make the right choice. Bookimed services are free for you and do not affect the clinic's bill.