The average price of proton therapy for prostate cancer is $66800, the minimum price is $48600, and the maximum price is $85000.
Highly rated Proton therapy for prostate cancer clinics by real patients
The hospitals ranking is based on 3471 requests, 606 patient reviews, prices, and information from 6 clinics
What is Bookimed?
* Prices may vary depending on the medical case and doctors' recommendations.
Best Proton therapy for prostate cancer Doctors
Information about doctors who accept foreign patients is provided by clinics
Request for details
- Effective prices
- Customer care support 24/7
- Patient reviews
FAQ about Proton therapy for prostate cancer
What is proton therapy for prostate cancer?
Proton beam therapy for prostate cancer is a treatment option when proton particles target cancer cells directly. Proton therapy delivers high-dose and very precise irradiation to malignant cells with minimal damage to healthy tissues.
When is proton therapy indicated for prostate cancer treatment?
Proton therapy is prescribed to treat prostate cancer in case:
- low, intermediate or high-risk prostate cancer without remote metastases
- to precisely irradiate pelvic nodes and the prostate gland
- prostate cancer recurrence after radical prostatectomy
- when irradiation of standard radiotherapy can be harmful to vital organs.
What are the benefits of proton therapy for prostate cancer?
Prostate cancer treatment with proton therapies has such advantages:
- very precise high-dose irradiation of cancer cells in the tumor gland and surrounding tissues without harm to healthy vital organs as the rectum or bladder
- a patient does not need an admission — it is an outpatient procedure
- proton beam therapy is painless and causes less side effects than standard radiotherapy or chemo.
What factors affect cost of proton therapy for prostate cancer?
The proton therapy cost for prostate cancer is calculated individually for each case. The price is affected by many aspects, among them are:
- the location of proton beam therapy center. Proton therapy hospitals are located only in a few countries in the world. In spite of the similar level of treatment, the cost of proton therapy for prostate cancer ranges in different countries due to their general price policy and a living wage of citizens. For example, cost of proton therapy for prostate cancer in the USA is 2-3 times more expensive than in Europe or South Korea, and about 5 times than in India.
- The number of proton therapy cycles and treatment duration. Each case is individual. The treatment can last from several days to weeks — it depends on the disease stage and the patient's health condition. So, the higher amount of proton therapy cycle is required, the more expensive treatment is. Only a doctor can determine the final price of prostate cancer treatment with proton beam therapy.
Submit a request on Bookimed website to book a hospital and get a personalized cost estimate of proton therapy for prostate cancer in your case.
How to arrange prostate cancer treatment with proton therapy within several days?
- Submit a request on Bookimed.
- Specify your diagnosis (stage of prostate cancer, medical tests)
- Bookimed manager contacts you to answer all questions and helps to choose the best proton therapy center.
- You send your medical records to receive a cost estimate of prostate cancer treatment with proton therapy.
- If you agree the bill, you schedule the date of your arrival for treatment.
- Bookimed manager arranges your medical trip within 3-5 days. Our services are free for a patient.
Medical coordinators consult you and help to make the right choice. Bookimed services are free for you and do not affect the clinic's bill.
Proton beam therapy centers for prostate cancer treatment are listed below. Compare the info and reviews about them to choose the best facility.
Submit a request to get a personalized cost estimate of proton therapy for prostate cancer in your case. It is free.
Important! You must have a referral for prostate cancer treatment with proton beam therapy from your doctor.