How much does proton therapy for breast cancer cost ?
The average price of proton therapy for breast cancer is $64700, the minimum price is $47100, and the maximum price is $82400.
Highly rated Proton therapy for breast cancer clinics by real patients
The hospitals ranking is based on 4354 requests, 653 patient reviews, prices, and information from 9 clinics
What is Bookimed?
Best Proton therapy for breast cancer Doctors
Information about doctors who accept foreign patients is provided by clinics
Request for details
Request for details
- Effective prices
- Customer care support 24/7
- Patient reviews
FAQ about Proton therapy for breast cancer
When is proton therapy indicated to treat breast cancer?
Proton therapy for breast cancer is prescribed in such cases:
- breast cancer at early stages in patients who had breast-preserving surgery with minimal tissue rearrangement
- proton therapy for breast cancer is also applied after mastectomy
- when standard radiotherapy cannot target specific cancer cells.
Note that only a doctor can decide whether proton therapy is appropriate for you.
What are the advantages of breast cancer treatment with proton therapy?
The main advantage of proton therapy for breast cancer is its precise irradiation and minimal damaging to healthy tissues.
Proton therapy is used to treat malignancies located near critical body areas when standard radiotherapy can harm these vital organs.
In case of breast cancer, the heart and lung can be affected. So, doctors prescribe proton therapy to reduce the risk of damaging these organs.
What factors affect the cost of proton therapy for breast cancer?
The proton therapy price for breast cancer is calculated individually. It depends on many factors, among them are:
- the location of the proton therapy center. Proton therapy centers are located only in a few countries in the world. Despite the same level of treatment, the cost of proton therapy varies in different states due to general price policy and a living wage of the population. For instance, the cost of proton therapy for breast cancer in the USA is 2-3 times higher than in Europe or South Korea, and about 5 times than in India.
- The number of proton therapy cycles. Each case is individual, and the number of treatment sessions and their intensity depends on the patient's diagnosis and disease stage.
Submit a request on Bookimed website to book a hospital and get a personalized cost estimate of proton therapy for breast cancer in your case.
How to undergo proton therapy for breast cancer in the shortest term?
- Submit a request on Bookimed specifying your diagnosis and requirements about the treatment.
- Bookimed manager contacts you to answer your question and send your medical records to a chosen hospital for a cost estimate of breast cancer treatment with proton therapy.
- If you agree the bill, you schedule the date of your arrival for treatment.
- Bookimed manager arranges your medical trip within 3-5 days.
Medical coordinators consult you and help to make the right choice. Bookimed services are free for you and do not affect the clinic's bill.