How much does prostate cancer diagnostic and treatment procedures cost ?
Prices for prostate cancer diagnostic and treatment procedures in 2021
- Below average
- Above average
Da Vinci prostatectomy | Package price
Medical procedures Included
Minimally Invasive Robotic -Assisted Prostatectomy
Prostate Cancer Diagnosis+Surgery on a da Vinci robot
Comprehensive Diagnosis + Brachytherapy at Helios Krefeld
Special Diagnosis for Prostate Cancer
Special Diagnosis for Prostate Cancer
Prostate Cancer | Diagnosis
Prostate Cancer | Diagnosis
Best Medical Equipment for Prostate cancer Treatment and Diagnosis
Da Vinci Robotic Surgery System
The system provides a surgeon with precise tiny instruments to manage surgery with maximal safety and accuracy. A surgeon manipulates on a special console, observing the operated area on 3D images in real-time. The tiny instruments make accurate incisions excluding the “trembling hand” effect and wrong movements.
Da Vinci robotic system is used as an alternative to open surgery to reduce pain, bleeding, minimize risks of infection and trauma of healthy tissues. An operation is performed through several 1cm incisions, not a big one 15 cm in size as for open surgery. Due to this, a patient recovers faster compared to traditional surgery: within 2-3 weeks instead of several months.
A team of clinicians examined 1,500 men with different prostate cancer stages who had had robotic-assisted prostatectomy. In a 1-year follow-up, 91.9% experienced a normal urinary continence, without any safety pads. 55.3% of men preserved an erectile function and were capable of leading a sexual life. Some postoperative complications in a 3-month follow-up were observed in 8.5% of men.
CyberKnife is a robotic device to perform radiosurgery with precise radiation delivery to the organs affected with benign and malignant tumors.
This method allows destroying tumors without incisions and pain; it is frequently used as an alternative to surgery when neoplasms are hard to reach or cannot be operated. The radiation is directed accurately, so it does not affect healthy tissues or organs. Treatment with CyberKnife is an outpatient procedure: just after a session (it lasts about 30-90 minutes), a patient can return home and their everyday activities.
CyberKnife allows controlling cancer for years allowing a man to lead a usual lifestyle without sexual or urinating problems. According to the study based on 300 patients in 21 centers across the USA, the 5-year survival rate for low-risk cancer patients is 97-100%, for intermediate risk — 88-97%.
NanoKnife, or irreversible electroporation (IRE), is a method to kill cancer cells in soft tissues with electric current. A procedure is performed under general anesthesia, then 2-6 needles are placed around a tumor to conduct electric current and destroy cancer tumors.
The option is considered as a new one in medicine that allows to target tumors located in hard-to-reach places. This is a surgical procedure, but no knife is used. The entire NanoKnife session lasts 45 minutes. After that, a patient stays overnight for a follow-up. No specific rehabilitation is required.
Within the research, 20 men with prostate cancer aged 60 years on average received NanoKnife treatment. 16 men preserved a normal urinary function. 12 patients preserved an erection enough to have a sexual life.
Tomotherapy represents a type of intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT). The device combines a CT scanner and linear accelerator to deliver radiation to the tumor. In-built CT scan receives images of a tumor before each treatment session that allows to target tumors precisely.
With TomoTherapy, a tumor is affected with radiation slice-by-slice, not the entire neoplasm at once. The duration of one session is shortened: it takes several minutes, no hospital stay is necessary after the procedure. A patient can experience tiredness and appetite changes after tomotherapy.
According to the study continued for a medium follow-up of 36 months with 95 participants aged between 75-88 took part, 2 and 3-years survival rates for elderly patients with localized prostate cancer are 97.9% and 96.2% correspondingly.
Proton therapy is a type of radiation therapy affecting tumors with protons, not X-rays. The X-rays damage healthy tissues on their way to a tumor that limits their usage. In the case with proton therapy, protons precisely hit a neoplasm, while healthy tissues remain unaffected that allow using stronger doses of irradiation to hit tumors located near vital organs. During a session, a patient lays on the table and a machine rotates producing proton beams to hit a tumor.
This is an outpatient procedure; a person can leave a hospital just after a session is over. Usually, the whole treatment cycle takes 30 minutes to complete. It usually continues 5 times a week for several weeks. The radiation dose may change over the treatment. No specific rehab is needed. Such side effects as fatigue, headache, hair loss that can develop over time.
1,291 patients with prostate cancer participated in the study. 69 months was a medium follow-up time. 98.4% was an overall 5-year survival rate for the patients with low-risk cancer, 96.8 for patients with intermediate-risk cancer, and 95.2% for patients with high-risk cancer.
Highly rated Oncology clinics for Prostate cancer Treatment
The hospitals ranking is based on 4769 requests, 693 patient reviews, prices, and information from 139 clinics
What is Bookimed?
Common proceduresRobotic da Vinci prostatectomy Prostatectomy Radiotherapy for prostate cancer Immunotherapy for prostate cancer Laparoscopic prostatectomy Chemotherapy for prostate cancer Biopsy
Best Prostate Cancer Doctors, online doctor's consultation
Information about doctors who accept foreign patients is provided by clinics
Request for details
Request for details
- Effective prices
- Customer care support 24/7
- Patient reviews
Reviews of patients treated for Prostate cancer
67 positive reviews on prostate cancer
4 negative reviews on prostate cancer
FAQ about Prostate cancer Treatment
How is the best prostate cancer centers ranking composed?
The ranking of top hospitals for urology cancer treatment is dynamic. It means that the position of the cancer centers is changing depending on such factors:
- Popularity of a particular hospital for prostate oncology treatment
- Patient reviews
- Price policy of the medical institution
- Doctors' experience in urology and prostate cancer operations.
If the prostate cancer center receives a low evaluation or poor patient reviews, it goes down in the rating. This is automatically composed ranking without subjective opinion.
Bookimed directly cooperates only with the world's leading centers, certified and approved by prestigious cancer associations. Before starting a partnership, we carefully check each hospital to be sure our patients will receive the most qualitative medical assistance.
How to choose the best hospital for prostate cancer?
It may seem difficult to choose the best urology cancer center for some people. Pay attention to such factors to receive the most effective treatment:
- Patient reviews. Learn more about the experience of other patients who received treatment at the particular prostate cancer center. It will help you to understand the level of medical services and the success of therapy in the hospital.
- Doctor's experience. The key factor to a successful outcome is the experience of a doctor. Learn his/her CV to make sure of the professionalism. If you are looking for a specialist in a specific treatment option for prostate cancer (HIFU, brachytherapy, or Da Vinci prostatectomy), find out how many procedures a doctor has performed.
- Treatment cost. The price for the prostate cancer treatment may vary from country to country. If you want to save money, choose clinics located in India, Turkey, the Czech Republic. It will be 40-60% cheaper than in the USA, Germany, or Austria, for instance.
- Hospital's location. Choose the clinic that is located not too far from your own country. It will make travel comfortable and reduce ticket charges.
If you need any assistance in choosing the best prostate cancer treatment center, ask Bookimed manager. You will receive a free consultation and answers to all your questions.
What are the best prostate cancer centers in Europe?
According to Bookimed patients' opinion, the best prostate and urology cancer treatment centers in Europe are:
- St. Zdislava Hospital (Czech Republic). The medical center is among the best places to have Da Vinci prostatectomy (the prostate gland removal). The leading world's specialists perform the surgery — Dt. Jaroslav Tvaruzek and Dr. Azat Hamzin. The price of the procedure is the lowest in Europe but its quality is at the highest level.
- Asklepios Hospital Barmbek (Germany). Asklepios provides all treatments for prostate cancer. The hospital takes leading positions in performing HIFU (a non-surgical therapy with heated ultrasonic waves) within. Over 500 procedures have been carried out here.
If you need any assistance in choosing the best hospital for urology cancer treatment in Europe, submit a request.
How to get an appointment with the best prostate cancer doctor?
Bookimed cooperates with the best prostate cancer centers in the world. These hospitals employ the leading urology and prostate cancer specialists with decades of experience, membership in the international medical organizations, and leaders of the prestigious rankings. The doctors apply the latest technologies and manage prostate cancer treatment achieving the highest success rate.
If you want to get a consultation with one of the leading prostate oncologists, just submit a request. Bookimed manager will arrange the consultation with a chosen specialist within several days.
How to undergo treatment of the prostate oncology?
Follow these steps to get the most effective prostate cancer treatment in the shortest term:
- Compare the benefits of the prostate and urology cancer centers listed on this page.
- Choose 1 or several medical centers suitable for you the most.
- Submit a request on Bookimed.
- Bookimed manager will contact you to answer all questions.
- Together you discuss each hospital for prostate cancer treatment and choose the best one in your case.
- You receive a direct bill from the hospital.
- If you approve the bill, Bookimed manager arranges your treatment in a chosen medical institution.
You pay to the hospital directly. Bookimed services are free for a patient.
|Robotic-assisted Prostatectomy||from 14920$||-||from 27595$|
|Special Diagnosis for Prostate Cancer||from 3901$||-||-|
|Special Diagnosis for Prostate Cancer||from 6560$||-||-|
|Prostate Cancer||-||-||from 3660$|
Medical coordinators consult you and help to make the right choice. Bookimed services are free for you and do not affect the clinic's bill.