How much does hifu for prostate cancer treatment cost ?
Highly rated HIFU for prostate cancer treatment clinics by real patients
The hospitals ranking is based on 4343 requests, 653 patient reviews, prices, and information from 11 clinics
What is Bookimed?
Best HIFU for prostate cancer treatment Doctors
Information about doctors who accept foreign patients is provided by clinics
Request for details
Request for details
Request for details
- Effective prices
- Customer care support 24/7
- Patient reviews
FAQ about HIFU for prostate cancer treatment
What does HIFU for prostate cancer cost depend on?
A focused ultrasound surgery cost is affected by the following facts:
- A country where HIFU therapy is performed. A cost of HIFU for prostate treatment can differ 10-40% depending on the country because of its internal general price policy. For instance, the price for HIFU in Germany is about 15-20% higher than in Poland, but about 5-10% lower than in Switzerland. The HIFU cost in South Korea is about the same level than in Germany. The most expensive HIFU therapy will be in the USA — about 2-3 higher than in European or Asian countries.
- A doctor's experience. If a specialist has been performed a lot of HIFU procedures, has numerous certificates, and is a member of prestigious organizations, they may ask about higher focused ultrasound surgery cost.
- Additional expenses. Some hospitals already provide package HIFU cost for prostate cancer treatment (with medical tests, doctor's fee, transfer, language assistance, etc.), but others can give price only for HIFU procedure.
You can submit a request on Bookimed, and receive a focal laser ablation cost for prostate cancer from a selected hospital with all required charges.
What does HIFU cost for prostate cancer include?
The cost of High Intensity Focused Ultrasound usually includes:
- the procedure itself
- surgical team fees
Such services as consultation with a doctor, language assistance, meals are paid additionally in most of the cases. However, some hospitals may include these charges in the price.
Submit a request to get a cost estimate of HIFU for prostate cancer in your case.
When High-Intensity Focused Ultrasound for prostate cancer is indicated?
HIFU is indicated for patients with prostate cancer who:
- have a localized non-metastatic tumor of the prostate gland at the stage T1 or T2
- Gleason score under 7
- have already undergone HIFU
- have received radiotherapy to treat localized cancer but it has recurred again
- are contraindicated to prostatectomy.
In some cases, HIFU can be also used for patients with more aggressive cancer and Gleason score over 7. Only a doctor can decide whether this treatment option is effective for you.
Among the contraindications are:
- rectal or anal surgery that excludes the possibility to insert the probe to provide HIFU
- allergy to latex.
How is HIFU for prostate cancer performed?
High-frequency ultrasound for prostate cancer is performed on the special Focal One® device.
Focal One® device
The HIFU therapy takes 1-3 hours under general anesthesia. It includes such steps:
- The urinary catheter (the drainage) is placed in the gallbladder. It is necessary to take away the liquids. In 3-4 days the catheter is removed; the urinating function is normalized.
- A doctor inserts the ultrasonic detector into the rectum.
- Under ultrasound control, the area of affection is determined.
- Ultrasonic waves influence the malignant cells. High-frequency ultrasound for prostate cancer heats the tissues with up to 110 С° temperature destroying them.
What to expect after High-Intensity Focused Ultrasound for prostate cancer?
After HIFU therapy for prostate cancer, the inflammatory of prostate tissues is observed. This complication is temporary and disappears soon.
Among the other side effects, a patient can observe:
- blood in the urine within several days after a tumor destruction. Doctors recommend patients to drink more water during this period to speed up the recovery.
- Frequent urination. It stabilizes within 1 month after HIFU.
- Stool disorders.
In some cases, urinary incontinence, impotence, infertility also appear.
How to get cost of HIFU for prostate cancer in the shortest term?
- Compare the hospitals and HIFU prices they offer.
- Choose the best option for you and submit a request.
- Bookimed manager will contact you to answer all questions and book the hospital for you.
- You receive a cost estimate and decide whether it is appropriate for you. If not, Bookimed manager will find another option for you.
- When you agree with the bill and date of your arrival to the hospital, Bookimed manager arranges your medical travel.
Bookimed services are free for a patient!
Medical coordinators consult you and help to make the right choice. Bookimed services are free for you and do not affect the clinic's bill.