How much do Oncology procedures cost in Germany?
Costs of oncology procedures in Germany
|Chemotherapy||$1150 - $5300|
|Radiotherapy||$8850 - $30600|
|Prostatectomy||$11800 - $21800|
|Thyroid resection||$7450 - $17100|
|Immunotherapy||$3550 - $9450|
|PET/CT||$2400 - $4250|
|Colonoscopy||$950 - $1900|
|MRI of one area||$770 - $1900|
|Mammography||$300 - $360|
|Biopsy||$590 - $2600|
Highly rated Oncology clinics in Germany
The hospitals ranking is based on 1266 requests, 419 patient reviews, prices, and information from 49 clinics
DiseasesProstate cancer Kidney cancer Lung cancer Bladder cancer Pancreatic cancer Sarcoma Cervical cancer Thyroid cancer Liver cancer Larynx cancer
What is Bookimed?
Common procedures in GermanyChemotherapy Radiotherapy Prostatectomy Thyroid resection Immunotherapy PET/CT Colonoscopy MRI of one area Mammography Biopsy
The Best Oncology Doctors in Germany, remote doctor's consultation
Information about doctors who accept foreign patients is provided by clinics
Request for details
- Effective prices
- Customer care support 24/7
- Patient reviews
Oncology Reviews by Bookimed patients
95 positive reviews on oncology in Germany
18 negative reviews on oncology in Germany
FAQ about Oncology in Germany
Why do patients choose Germany for cancer treatment?
International patients pick German hospitals to cure cancer due to:
- High effectiveness of treatment. Cancer centers in Germany show one of the highest indexes of patients recovery. For instance, the average 5-year survival rate for breast cancer is 81.6% (for initial stages it will be higher) according to the German Cancer Society and 91% for prostate cancer according to the German Ministry of Health.
- Availability of the latest treatment options. Hospitals for oncology treatment in Germany apply the latest medical technologies. Some of them offer alternative options newly developed as a result of clinical trials.
- Experienced doctors. German doctors who manage cancer treatment have decades of experience, permanently improve their skills to apply the latest technologies, conduct clinical trials to develop new therapies and implement them around the world.
Despite the above-mentioned benefits, treatment in Germany has some disadvantages. Among them — high treatment cost and slow therapy arrangement (it takes from 2 weeks) according to the Bookimed medical coordinators opinion. So, if you need some cheaper options and require treatment immediately, Bookimed medical doctor can recommend some other countries for treatment.
What are the main features of cancer treatment in Germany?
If you want to get treatment in Germany, you have to know some features of it:
- The treatment of oncology in Germany is arranged within 2-3 weeks after your request on Bookimed website.
- Before the medical trip, you receive the bill from the clinic. You need to prepay the treatment to confirm your arrival.
- Then you will receive an invitation from the German hospital that will boost your applying for a visa.
How to choose the best cancer center in Germany?
To choose a top clinic for oncology treatment in Germany, pay attention to:
- Clinic's specialization. While choosing the hospital for treatment, learn whether the medical center specializes in your cancer type. The statistics of the clinic or consultation with Bookimed manager will help you to make the right choice.
- Doctor's experience. One of the key factors to successful treatment is the choice of the experienced doctor. It is important a doctor specializes in a particular cancer type. The doctor's CV will help to understand whether you can entrust to the physician. Doctors working in the hospitals listed on this page are all highly-qualified, so you can be sure of their professionalism — they have decades of experience, participate in international health organizations, and certified by cancer societies.
- Patient reviews. The experience of other patients will help you to understand the level of medical service in a particular German center. You can find verified reviews on clinics on our website.
If you need a consultation regarding the choice of the medical center in Germany, submit a request on Bookimed. Our medical doctor will contact you to answer all the questions and choose the most effective option in your case. We have helped about 265,000 patients from different countries and know all the details about treatment in Germany. Consultation with Bookimed manager is free.
Is oncology treatment effective in Germany?
The effectiveness of cancer treatment in Germany is one of the highest in Europe. The application of the accurate devices for diagnostics and the latest treatment protocols allows achieving the great result in this field.
How to get a second medical opinion in a German clinic?
A lot of patients diagnosed with cancer request to Bookimed to get a second medical opinion. This option is suitable in case you want:
- to get an expert opinion of a leading specialist
- to make sure that you or your relative has been got the correct diagnosis
- to make sure your treatment plan is effective.
Top cancer doctors in Germany can consult you remotely. All you need is to provide the medical records concerning your disease and pay a consultation. A second medical opinion is a great option for those who want to get qualified consultation without wasting much money and time.
Submit a request on Bookimed, and our manager will arrange the consultation with a German doctor specialized in your case.
What can affect the cost of cancer treatment?
The pricing of treatment in Germany is regulated at the state level, so an international patient won't overpay. However, there are some factors that can influence the cost of oncology treatment in Germany:
- Doctor's experience. The cost of treatment may change depending on the doctor's experience, degree, and qualification.
- Duration and intensity of treatment. The choice of treatment significantly depends on the cancer type and its stage. So, only a doctor can determine of the final cancer therapy cost in Germany.
- Additional charges. The level of ward comfort and duration of admission, language assistance (if necessary), accommodation of an accompanying person also affects the price. So, take into account these additional charges while planning treatment in Germany.
If you need to get a personalized quote regarding cancer treatment in Germany, submit a request on Bookimed. Our medical coordinator will provide with the price and info regarding treatment in Germany in your case. This option is free.
How to get cancer treatment in Germany?
Follow these steps to arrange your travel to cure cancer in Germany in the shortest term:
- Compare the info on German cancer clinics listed on this page.
- Compare the prices in each clinic.
- Submit a request on Bookimed.
- Bookimed medical coordinator will contact you to answer all the question and collect the details regarding your medical issues.
- Together you will choose the most appropriate German hospital in your case.
- Bookimed manager sends your medical records to the chosen clinic to get a cost estimate of the treatment.
- You will receive the bill and treatment program within 3-5 days after the request.
- If everything is suitable for you, Bookimed manager schedules the date of your arrival.
- Then, a medical coordinator assists in arranging your medical trip. This option is free.
Submit a request now, and start the treatment in Germany in the shortest term. Cancer doesn't wait!
|Treatment of breast cancer|
|Basic Diagnostics+Surgery||from 5370$||from 11254$||from 12250$|
|Basic Diagnosis + Lampectomy||from 7116$||from 18983$||from 14190$|
|Mastectomy With Intra Operative Sentinel Lymph Nodes Examination||from 8500$||from 14564$||-|
|Breast cancer diagnosis||from 1989$||-||-|
|Treatment of lung cancer|
|Diagnosis + drug treatment in the presence of metastasis||from 7420$||-||from 7810$|
|Lung Cancer Staging And Treatment Plan||from 18113$||from 27035$||from 28880$|
|Diagnosis And Staging For Suspected Lung Cancer||from 2849$||-||from 5900$|
|Diagnosis And Staging For Suspected Lung Cancer||from 3502$||-||-|
|Treatment of prostate cancer|
|Robotic-assisted Prostatectomy||from 14920$||-||from 27745$|
|Special Diagnosis for Prostate Cancer||from 3901$||-||-|
|Special Diagnosis for Prostate Cancer||from 6560$||-||-|
|Prostate Cancer||-||-||from 4610$|
|Treatment of sarcoma|
|Sarcoma Staging And Treatment||from 23682$||from 42790$||from 27520$|
|Treatment of liver cancer|
|Liver Cancer Diagnosis+Surgery||from 22710$||-||-|
|Liver cancer||from 31575$||-||-|
|Treatment of stomach cancer|
|Stomach Cancer Staging And Surgery||-||-||from 30440$|
|Вiagnosis + Surgery + Chemotherapy||-||-||from 32550$|
|Gastric Cancer Diagnosis||from 2499$||-||-|
|Treatment of brain cancer|
|Brain Cancer Diagnosis And Treatment||from 24460$||-||from 1575$|
|Basic diagnosis for Brain Cancer||from 1028$||-||-|
|Treatment of melanoma|
|Advanced diagnostics + Melanoma removal||from 11232$||-||from 15910$|
|Treatment of adenocarcinoma|
|Lung Adenocarcinoma Staging And Surgical Treatment||from 17260$||-||-|
|Whipple Surgery For Pancreatic Adenocarcinoma||from 28510$||-||-|
|Gastric Adenocarcinoma Staging + Surgery||from 18230$||-||-|
|Prostate Adenocarcinoma Treatment With Robotic-assisted Surgery||from 22180$||-||-|
|Treatment of pancreatic cancer|
|Diagnosis + Surgery + Chemotherapy||from 30560$||from 47775$||from 44710$|
|Pancreatic cancer||from 5020$||-||-|
|Treatment of thyroid cancer|
|Diagnosis + Radioiodine therapy||from 3720$||from 8115$||-|
|Thyroid cancer||from 7080$||-||-|
|Treatment of ovarian cancer|
|Treatment of cervical cancer|
|Basic Diagnosis for Cervical Cancer||from 943$||-||-|
|Treatment of rectal cancer|
|Treatment of larynx cancer|
Medical coordinators consult you and help to make the right choice. Bookimed services are free for you and do not affect the clinic's bill.