How much do Plastic Surgery procedures cost in Mexico?
Costs of plastic surgery procedures in Mexico
|Tummy tuck||$3100 - $8050|
|Gynecomastia surgery||$2000 - $4150|
|Rhinoplasty (nose job)||$2400 - $6500|
|Liposuction||$1400 - $4900|
|Blepharoplasty (Eyelid correction)||$1150 - $3500|
|Facelift surgery||$3500 - $12000|
|Mommy makeover||$6000 - $9600|
|Otoplasty (ear surgery)||$1800 - $3400|
|Neck liposuction||$1200 - $1350|
|Brazilian Butt lift||$3300 - $5650|
Highly rated Plastic Surgery clinics in Mexico
The hospitals ranking is based on 30 requests, prices, and information from 41 clinics
What is Bookimed?
Why is plastic surgery so strong in Turkey?
Our doctors practice a lot. Maybe even much more than our colleagues in other countries. I think this is the reason.
Can you say a few words about yourself and your experience with Bookimed?
My name is Dr. Selçuk Aytaç. I am a plastic surgeon from Turkey with more than 20 years of experience in plastic surgery. I specialize in body reshaping, breast augmentation, breast lift, butt lift, post-bariatric surgeries. Also, I perform some facial operations. Our clinic (Estetik International - Ed.) works with Bookimed, so some of my patients come from the Bookimed platform. They are happy with the results. Our clinic invites everyone who wants to do plastic surgery.
Common procedures in MexicoTummy tuck Gynecomastia surgery Rhinoplasty (nose job) Liposuction Blepharoplasty (Eyelid correction) Facelift surgery Mommy makeover Otoplasty (ear surgery) Neck liposuction Brazilian Butt lift
The Best Plastic Surgery Doctors in Mexico, remote doctor's consultation
Information about doctors who accept foreign patients is provided by clinics
Request for details
Request for details
Request for details
- Effective prices
- Customer care support 24/7
- Patient reviews
What is plastic surgery?
Plastic surgery is a surgical specialty that allows reconstructing, restores, or changes the human body. Plastic surgery unites two subspecialties:
- Reconstructive plastic surgery. It is done when a patient needs to reconstruct some body parts caused by trauma, diseases, tumors, congenital deformities. Reconstructive surgery allows to restore/improve the functioning of some parts of the body and appearance.
- Cosmetic plastic surgery. It is carried out when a patient needs only to improve the appearance not body parts structure or their functioning.
What indications are for plastic surgery?
Indications for plastic surgery depends on the case. However, there are general signs when a procedure is indicated:
- correct cosmetic defects caused by age changes
- improve body contour
- get rid of excess fat
- enlarge or reduce some parts of the body
- improve the functioning or esthetic look of some parts of the body caused by diseases or trauma.
If you have any medical issues, get a consultation with a doctor to decide whether plastic surgery is a proper option for you.
When plastic surgery is contraindicated?
Performing of plastic surgery can be limited or canceled if a patient has some contraindications. The most common are:
- Oncological diseases. When plastic surgery is processed, malignant cells can be replaced by accident and cause cancer spread. Also, the risk of clotting is increased.
- Diabetes. In the case of diabetes, the blood supply is reduced, which can lead to necrosis in the operated area.
- Smoking. A patient needs to give up smoking at least for several weeks before and after surgery. Nicotine narrows down the vessels and capillaries reducing the blood supply of tissues. As a result, the healing process goes slow and with complications.
- Infections. If you have any infection, you need to warn your doctor and decide whether it can be a contraindication for surgery.
- Pregnancy. Anesthesia or some medications applied during or after surgery can negatively affect the fetus.
A patient has to discuss with a plastic surgeon all existing health problems and, if necessary, undergo the medical tests. It will help to avoid possible side effects of plastic surgery and worsening health conditions.
What is preoperative preparation for plastic surgery?
The preoperative preparation for plastic surgery includes the following steps:
- Arrival at a chosen plastic surgery clinic.
- Seeing a doctor who will perform a procedure.
- Medical testing (blood and urine analysis + some specific tests depending on the plastic surgery type)
If you have no contraindications for plastic surgery, a doctor appoints an operation the next day after a visit.
How long does the recovery period take?
The length of the recovery period depends on the plastic surgery type that has been performed. On average, it takes about 2-3 weeks before a patient returns to work and daily routine life. For some surgeries, it can take a year to see a final result, get rid of swelling and scars.
Is plastic surgery safe in Mexico?
Plastic surgery is considered a safe procedure only in case you choose a qualified doctor to manage an operation. Also, you need to be realistic about the changes of your appearance and not to demand some extreme corrections of the body. To minimize complications, warn a plastic surgeon about your health conditions, some chronic diseases, infections, and bad habits.
What are the side effects of plastic surgery?
Plastic surgery does not bring many side effects in case an experienced doctor carries out a procedure. However, you have to be aware of the following side effects and risks:
- Hematomas. This is a frequent complication that occurs after all types of surgeries, not only plastic ones. Hematomas take place in about 1% of patients after breast augmentation or facelift.
- Swelling. After almost all intervention a patient can observe swelling. Usually, it disappears in several weeks after surgery. In some cases, it may take place for a couple of months.
- Blood loss. Blood loss is a rare complication that can happen on the operating table or after surgery. If you feel weakness after an operation, inform your doctor.
- Infection. This side effect takes place in about 1-2.5% of cases. To manage this condition, antibiotics can be prescribed.
- Nerve damage. Patients often feel the numbness of the area where the operation has been performed. In most of the cases, it is temporary, and sensitivity recovers after a while.
- Scarring. Scarring remains visible rare. In most of the cases, it disappears over time or becomes almost invisible.
- Thrombosis. It can happen in 0.09% of all plastic surgeries. However, this is a severe complication and some cases can be even fatal.
Does insurance cover plastic surgery?
Cosmetic surgery is rarely covered by health insurance. Things are different with reconstructive surgery: if a patient needs to correct defects of appearance caused by disease or trauma, recover the functioning of some parts of the body, the insurance will cover the cost of the procedure.
What Should You Know about Mexico before the Trip?
Mexican peso (you also can pay for services in dollars)
Best period for the trip
Spanish (most of medical staff speaks English fluently)
required for some countries
Time difference with Europe
Time difference with the USA
Medical tourism center
Central and Southern Mexico
Why is Mexico Trendy for Medical Tourism?
Mexico is also a well-known country globally due to high-skilled doctors that undergo internships in American and European institutions. Patients from the USA and Canada prefer treatment in Mexico to other places.
Highly developed medical centers and first-rate therapeutic services at affordable prices attract people from all over the world. Over 1 mln international patients travel to Mexico annually. So Mexico is among Top 10 countries with the most developed medical tourism sector.
Mexico is a top destination for medical tourists because of low-costs. You may save up to 60% on services compared to Canada or the USA due to the average local citizens' income and general price policy within the country.
What hotel services are provided here?
In Mexico, hotels of different price ranges and service levels are presented. Most tourists choose 4 and 5 star hotels with all-inclusive meals. Such hotels have everything for a comfortable stay: varied food, a large well-groomed territory, animation for children and adults. Some hotels have their own water park, which guests can use for free. Budget travelers can afford to book an economical 3-star hotel with half board or no meals at all.
What Documents Are Required to Apply for a Visa to Mexico for Treatment?
Visas for travel to Mexico require a number of documents. Lists of documents includes:
- ID card
- confirmation of online registration and filling out the questionnaire
- certificate of income and availability of funds
- insurance policy for a stay in Mexico (original and copy)
- 2 photos (5x6)
- visa receipt
- booking of flight and hotel
- medical opinion about the need for treatment.
Medical coordinators consult you and help to make the right choice. Bookimed services are free for you and do not affect the clinic's bill.